• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to reloading

sniperghost

Private
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2007
Like a lot of people here I’m also new to reloading. I just finished making my first 308 bullets.
I used Win Brass
IMR 4064
210M Fed Primers
168 gr A-Max Hornady

I trimmed the case to 2.007, used 41.5 Gr powder and the COL is 2.798. My question to you guys is did I trim the case to short? In the book it shows the case at 2.015 and the COL at 2.080. Is this load OK?

Thanks in advance
Christian

Re: New to reloading

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like a lot of people here I’m also new to reloading. I just finished making my first 308 bullets.
I used Win Brass
IMR 4064
210M Fed Primers
168 gr A-Max Hornady

I trimmed the case to 2.007, used 41.5 Gr powder and the COL is 2.798. My question to you guys is did I trim the case to short? In the book it shows the case at 2.015 and the COL at 2.080. Is this load OK?

Thanks in advance
Christian
</div></div>

2.015 is the Max case length. The trim case length should be 2.005". So the answer to your question is You are not too short. From my old data, 41.5 grains of IMR 4064 is a mild load.