• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to site and New rifle. Hello!

Iggy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Northern California
Hello everyone,

I got my first bolt action rifle. I was able to do a good trade with a spare AR lower and parts that I had laying around. I've been browsing the site for a while and wanted to say hello.

I hope to practice and hopefully shoot for distance, but mainly for fun right now.

So here she is...

Remington 700 SPS Varmint
Hogue Stock from Tactical (Looking to purchase a HS VS stock from a member here
smile.gif
)
Scope is an AIM sports First reflex illuminated I think. 6-24X40 Not too bad but saving to change it for some good glass. It sits on low Burris mounts

Excuse my horrible pic...
spsv1.JPG

Re: New to site and New rifle. Hello!

your off to a good start, save those pennies for a MCMillan or Manners, you might think; "shit its a whole 200$ more then the HS", but in my opinion its worth it. A good stock combined w/ good glass will take you far. Enjoy your project and keep us updated on your builds progress.
-Felipe

Thanks! The stock I really want is a AICS, but that's out of my budget right now, and I think good glass is a better investment right now. The HS VS I think will be good to start since the rifle with the original varmint stock can out shoot me
laugh.gif

We'll see what the seller of the stock says. I think I'm first to say I'll take it.

I'll defiantly post a range report when she goes out!

Well, I didn't get that stock, but I sprung for a like new AICS from a member here!