• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New to supressor, never heard of this kind of trust.

It sounds like a regular trust to me. Seems they are using a template where all that you need to provide is the names and locations of those people for your trust. I imagine it would work just fine.

You may ask if they will provide a refund on the cost of the trust if the BATFE kicks your item back because of an issue with the trust.

The laws for trusts can vary from state to state and just not work the risk of using a boiler plate trust document. Find an attorney who not only understands trust law but how they relate to NFA. It cost me $500 to set my trust with an attorney in which one of his areas of specialization is NFA trusts.

My folks had a trust when they died.

The courts rejected it and we had to go to probate. I was the executor, it was no fun

Be careful what you buy.

I used 199trust , filled out my information on Friday at 1pm and had the trust by email at 5:35pm. Has the NFA verbiage and looks pretty comprehensive. I will report back in a few months if there are any problems with BATF but it looks pretty good to me.

Dude, go to the attorney! It's not that goddamn much when you consider it all, and you can get an entire estate plan while you're there for just a little more.

I've heard dozens of these "debates" about DIY trusts. Some of you guys don't know shit about the law, but have no problem doing this, yet you know many weapons inside and out and refuse to work on them yourself. You know better, generally. Maybe it's that you know enough with weapons to not fuck 'em up, but could it also be that you don't know enough *to know* you don't know enough about trusts in the first place? Just blows me away, won't use a dremel on a firearm, but will write his own trust.

The trust, btw, IS really easy to write. It's also that easy to fuck it up and even easier to fuck up if you're using a "template". Where did that template come from? Do you know if you are violating copyright laws? Because my trust is copyrighted by the attorney that wrote it up.

FYI, I went to a lawyer. I got my first can fine, but on my second one, the dealer noticed a tiny clerical error having to do with the name of the trust itself. So in essence, I'd been in technical possession of an illegal NFA item, at lease that's how I viewed it. It's since been rectified and another can is on the way, but this slipped by the lawyer the first time, the dealer and the ATF, and was only caught the second time around. So beware.

I'm lucky the dealer caught it, instead of some dickhead holy ranger of justice. Be safe, be smart. I won't be chiming in again here, so no need to respond to me. I'm just the guy that tries to tell you that DIY trusts aren't that smart, and then moves along. Because I know just enough about NFA trusts to know it's better handled by the lawyer.

My folks had a trust when they died.

The courts rejected it and we had to go to probate. I was the executor, it was no fun

Be careful what you buy.

I have been touting this for years and people actually get angry about it. "Oh i did a quicken (or insert internet generic trust here) trust and the ATF approved it and i got my suppressors! yeehaw!"

well, how good a trust is will be tested when the person passes away. If it was not prepared properly, it can be tossed out of court, it can be invalidated and be way worse than not having a trust at all. many people are so short sighted they cant grasp this concept.

I also went to a attorney who speciaity id trusts. It cost me $500.00. Was it wort it? In my opinion yes.

I guess I could have used quicken or any other number of companies but figured if si were going to put the kind of money in my SRB with a can and 200 for uncle sam what's another 500.00 bucks for an attorney and piece of mind.

I have added other weapons with cans to it at no additional cost and have a trust that is for my state.

Again for me it was worth it. YMMV.

Good luck on your decision.

Pay a lawyer who will stand behind their work and defend it in court (if necessary) for Free.

Ask yourself: would Future-YOU time-machine himself back to now and punch Present-YOU in the junk for getting a P.O.S. worthless word.doc that is causing never-ending headaches? Or would he time-machine back to give you a high-five for saving a couple Benjamins...

It's one of the only worth-while reasons for lawyers to exist.

Once the NFA is abolished, and tank treads no longer need lubrication, then no more need for lawyers!

Check out guntrustlawyer.com they do good work. Can do a trust from a simple,template up to high end high dollar gun trust.

That being said I have filed a lot of form 4s for customers and never had one rejected for an invalid trust and some looked like a 10 year old wrote it in crayon.

Sent from a government drone circling over your location.