• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to the site. My AR

DeadPool

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2011
Florida
www.addaxtactical.com
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and I just want to introduce myself and put up some pics of my AR. I built it myself.

Hope you guys like it.

Black Rain Ordnance billet upper and lower
Black Rain Ordnance charging handle
FailZero bolt
Stag LPK
Geissele SSA
Magpul UBR
Magpul MIAD
Magpul BAD lever
JP supermatch 16" .223 wylde barrel 1:8
Daniel Defense 12" Lite rail
DiamondHead front and rear sights
PWS FSC 556 comp
YHM gas block
Eotech exps opmod
Tango Down stubby VFG

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

100_3686.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

100_3684.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

Re: New to the site. My AR

Wow i really like those receivers. I'm not a big fan of the generic looking recivers. I really dig the ones like VLTOR POF and now Black Rain.

Only one question is Black Rain the same as Chocolate Rain? haha

Nice Rifle, I know the hand guard is free floated, but I would caution you to mount the sight directly to the receiver not the rail. I have seen some hand guards, flex and some come loose.

welcome to the Hide..nice looking gun well done

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rifle, I know the hand guard is free floated, but I would caution you to mount the sight directly to the receiver not the rail. I have seen some hand guards, flex and some come loose. </div></div>

+1 krm375 is dead on. Mount your optic to the receiver and not the rail.

I am not a fan of billet at all and would never own it, but have to admit yours looks very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rifle, I know the hand guard is free floated, but I would caution you to mount the sight directly to the receiver not the rail. I have seen some hand guards, flex and some come loose. </div></div>

I am not a fan of billet at all and would never own it, but have to admit yours looks very nice. </div></div>

What do you think is wrong with billet receivers?

Thanks for the compliments and the tips guys.

I have it that far forward because I'm gonna get a magnifier for it in the near future, but I'll move it back onto the receiver until then and re-zero it.

you should have plenty of room if you mounted the EOTECH to the rec. for a Magnafier.True as stated ALREADY hand rails flex,But as close to the rec as you are it would be less than mounted father down,Albet at 50 yards you would be fine as mounted,Father ranges the flex will stack up,I have extensive testing with Rails and flex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeadPool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the compliments and the tips guys.

I have it that far forward because I'm gonna get a magnifier for it in the near future, but I'll move it back onto the receiver until then and re-zero it. </div></div>

Very jealous, I'm currently in the process of upgrading my Bushmaster to make it worth keeping, problem for me is money. I like you setup a lot... yep still jealous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rifle, I know the hand guard is free floated, but I would caution you to mount the sight directly to the receiver not the rail. I have seen some hand guards, flex and some come loose. </div></div>

I am not a fan of billet at all and would never own it, but have to admit yours looks very nice. </div></div>

What do you think is wrong with billet receivers? </div></div>

I don't think anything is wrong with them. They are more expensive and not as strong as forged. Many companies sell them as some sort of improvement over forged but they aren't. Only improvement they could offer is some extra feature that a std. forged receiver doesn't have.

They work, but just nothing I would spend extra for.

He is correct,Forged is stronger... Nice Rifle,I wouldnt worry about it,Billet is fine.. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeadPool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not as strong? LOL

I'd like to see some facts to back up that ridiculous opinion. </div></div>

Looks really nice man first build? If so even more impressive. Hows that tango stubby workin for ya? Im in the market for a good stubby. And I prefer forged metals due to their rigidity and strength coming from increased grain density in lesser terms. Billet can be extremely strong and rigid if milled/machined from the proper treated metals. Not knowing black rain's processes and techniques I cant say how bad or good they are. Just keep in mind your gun looks great and should be fine as mentioned by others, keep up the good work.

Thanks again guys.

Yes, it is my 1st build and I did it all myself.

BRO uses "7075 T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum 100% CNC Machined to exact tolerance MIL S-8625 Type III Class 2 Hard Coat Black Anodizing with Teflon Coating"

http://blackrainordnance.com

The Tango stubby is very solid and it feels good. I especially like the lever lock/quick detach and it has storage space inside.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeadPool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not as strong? LOL

I'd like to see some facts to back up that ridiculous opinion. </div></div>

Not going to do your homework and it is not an opinion. As I said in my previous post, the difference doesn't matter, but I am not going to pay extra for billet.

I also complimented your billet so lets not get so defensive. You like your rifle and thats the most important thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Not going to do your homework and it is not an opinion. As I said in my previous post, the difference doesn't matter, but I am not going to pay extra for billet.

I also complimented your billet so lets not get so defensive. You like your rifle and thats the most important thing.</div></div>

I guess I came off sounding like a defensive dick. Thanks for the compliment.

I did my homework on forged vs billet before I built the rifle and the difference between the 2 is minimal, speaking of the strength or durability of the two.

As far as billet vs forged...strength depends on the parent material in the first place, you probably already know this though. At any rate, the billet parts can more than handle the stresses they endure. It's a moot point to say that forged parts are "stronger" because in the end, it's added strength is pointless, as it's not THAT much stronger.

I bought billet because I like how it looks and I like the company, price or strength was irrelevant. If I wanted to make a generic looking "off the shelf" rifle I would have used forged parts.

My next rifle build is a gas piston SBR and it'll have a forged upper and a billet lower, just cause I like how the lower looks.

I hope I didn't sound like an ass again because that's not my intention here, just speaking candidly. My tone doesn't translate to text I guess.

No worries at all. I wasn't offended and meant no offense myself.

+1 to that! I keep all my opticts mounted on the reciever!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rifle, I know the hand guard is free floated, but I would caution you to mount the sight directly to the receiver not the rail. I have seen some hand guards, flex and some come loose. </div></div>