• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Toy: Savage TRSR

Mattrmvpd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2004
South Georgia
Well... I have been wanting a trainer for a while to keep practice up and cost down...

308 and 338LM get a tad expensive to shoot EVERY week.

Soo here she is..

NEW Savage Mark II TRSR
22LR Can (LRM Industries) "DIGO"
Vortex Viper 6.5 X 20 X 44 mm MilDot
Burris Tactical Rings
Stock Pack

Sling and Flipups coming...

Hope you all like it... I cant wait to test it next week.

Thanks,
Matt (LEO SOUTH GA)

PC091348.jpg

PC091349.jpg

PC091350.jpg

Re: New Toy: Savage TRSR

Wow. That is gorgeous.

and on the plus side you can shoot about 5K round before you even come close to the cost for the scope alone...

Beautiful piece of work.

Thanks,

I know the scope may be a tad over kill.... but I wanted one that would hold up to a little carrying and abuse
smile.gif

It will get all sighted in this coming week.

Now to find out what ammo it likes..

Matt.

very nice. i think ive found my next 22. add a mil/mil scope and its a perfect trainer

A silent .22 is a deadly tool for virtually any application. Congrats!

Could you take a picture of the bottom metal? My MKII BV has a boss on the bottom of the action that doesn't have an action screw. It could have three action screws (mine does now) but it only comes with two. I am wondering if the tactical models use the third action screw.

Wait, Savage does not list this gun on their site. Did you get the Mark II TR and have the barrel threaded? Or do they have a new model with threaded barrel, and without all the picatinny rails on it like the TRR?

I'm not the OP but there is a Lipseys exclusive model called the TRSR that is threaded and without the TRR Rail. I think that Savage just updated their website in the last month or so to include the new model with the TRR rail and threaded barrel.

MSG is RIGHT.

This came from Lipseys and they are mostly ALL gone... There are a few floating around on GunBroker...

Be patient... Savage is releasing it as a REGULAR cataloged item at the END of January.

Matt.

I got mine SEVERAL years back when Lee was building them... I believe he is STILL in Tallahassee Florida...

It was around $100 but was a favor at the time...

And... YES its probably the most quiet 22lr can I have ever used or seen... and I have heard MOST...

Matt.

Sorry to bring this up, but your pic shows the tactical bolt handle, and the lipseys shows the regular handle. Did you install it yourself?