• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New toy... Stevens 416 Target

rbhoover

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Don't know a lot about it but here she is in all of her glory! It has the X-Barrel and Redfield Sights. I'm not sure who made the stock.

dsc0904g.jpg

No target pictures yet, it's getting dark and I just finished cleaning.

If anyone has any more info or history on this style of rifle I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Re: New toy... Stevens 416 Target

I shot one for years . It looked rough but shot very well . Several of the old time shooter used Rem 37 or Stevens 416 . It looks like your barrel was shorten . The one I had had been shortened to 20" . I think they had a 28" barrel . I had slop in the trigger . There are 2 screws on the side of the trigger to prevent the side to side slop . My stock was so worn , I had to put thin metal shims (glass bedded) into the stock to eliminate the side trigger slop . You can adjust the pull weight by a screw when you remove the bolt and look at the top of the receiver . I bet you will really like your new rifle .

david

Re: New toy... Stevens 416 Target

Thanks for the hints on the trigger assembly, I haven't messed with it enough to tell how good (or bad) the trigger is on the rifle. Hopefully this afternoon I can do some shooting and see what the rifle is capable of!