• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos New Toy!

Re: New Toy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1badmopar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will have to look into that iWitness. Looks interesting. </div></div>

It's so handy to have around!

i am in the market for a digiscoping adapter for my iphone and have looked at yours and i gotta be honest...your website is confusing as shit to figure out how much just the damn adapter is to go onto rifle scopes. care to clear that up for me?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch Engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am in the market for a digiscoping adapter for my iphone and have looked at yours and i gotta be honest...your website is confusing as shit to figure out how much just the damn adapter is to go onto rifle scopes. care to clear that up for me? </div></div>

Agreed and thanks for your honesty! The site has been FUBAR since it was built, but we have a new guy working on a redo.

What scope(s) will you be mounting on?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Playerz1337</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched the youtube video and it shows the wind speed on the screen. How does that work? </div></div>

It has a built in wind speed detection. From their site:

Windage Compensation Innovation
The X96 reticle provides a convenient and accurate METHOD to more easily compensate for wind. However, complete wind compensation is NOT fully automated within the scope. It still requires some thinking on the part of the shooter. In addition to distance, the digital display will show a 10 MPH Wind Value for your specific cartridge at the indicated range to your target. This is a “Dot Value” that corresponds to the dots on each side of the reticle’s vertical post. These dots let the shooter precisely hold into the wind. The shooter still needs to estimate the cross-wind and convert the 10MPH Wind Value displayed to the appropriate value for the estimated actual MPH cross-wind value. The shooter then holds into the wind using the appropriate “Dot Value” as shown in the examples below.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I liked it until I saw the price! Is the adapter Al or plastic? </div></div>

Yeah, the scope is certainly not cheap!

The MonoLoc that locks onto the rifle scope is 6061 T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum (hard anodized). Bushings are rubber and the phone mount is resin composite.

no videos of the sight picture loss due to recoil?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no videos of the sight picture loss due to recoil? </div></div>

We're working to put something like that together! The bushings are designed to take out the shock so that your phone is not damaged.

Does it work with any other smartphones? With all the stuff I need a smartphone for iphone won't do it. The stuff that pays for my toys. I use a casio commando.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: montana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it work with any other smartphones? With all the stuff I need a smartphone for iphone won't do it. The stuff that pays for my toys. I use a casio commando. </div></div>

We have some prototypes in the works, but for now it's the iPhone!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sentry1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What all do I need to mount my iPhone 4 to a Leupold spotting scope, and to a Bushnell HDMR? </div></div>

To mount to a Leupold spotting scope you need this kit:

http://www.visionproshop.com/MINITS-iWitness-iPhone-4S-Kit-for-Leupold-Scopes-p/300141.htm

For the Bushnell HDMR you need a separate MonoLoc:

http://www.visionproshop.com/product-p/300101.htm

PM me with your HDMR specs for the right bushing to ensure a perfect fit.

Do you have any plans to do an iwitness for the US optics spotter or the scopes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joemusso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any plans to do an iwitness for the US optics spotter or the scopes? </div></div>

The MINITS iWitness can be used on most any scope and spotting scope including US optics. The only thing is ensuring a perfect fit over the eyepiece by using the correct bushing.

What model are you looking to fit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joemusso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5-25X58 T-pal scope and the 15-40 F.O.S

</div></div>

For the T-Pal you need this kit with a #16 bushing:

http://www.visionproshop.com/MINITS-iWitness-Leupold-Vari-X-II-and-III-Kit-p/300143.htm

For the Field Observation Scope, I'm not sure on the measurement of the optical eyepiece and got a message in to U.S. Optics to find that out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MINITS iWitness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joemusso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any plans to do an iwitness for the US optics spotter or the scopes? </div></div>

The MINITS iWitness can be used on most any scope and spotting scope including US optics. The only thing is ensuring a perfect fit over the eyepiece by using the correct bushing.

What model are you looking to fit? </div></div>

How about for the USO 15-40x field spotting scope, which bushing or set-up is needed. It has a 2.4" objective. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MINITS iWitness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joemusso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any plans to do an iwitness for the US optics spotter or the scopes? </div></div>

What model are you looking to fit? </div></div>

How about for the USO 15-40x field spotting scope, which bushing or set-up is needed. It has a 2.4" objective. Thanks. </div></div>

U.S. Optics 15-40x spotter will use this kit with a #2 bushing:

http://www.visionproshop.com/MINITS-iWitness-Leupold-Vari-X-II-and-III-Kit-p/300143.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MINUTEOFANIMAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude, that Sweet, beets the hell out trying to hold it steady </div></div>

whistle.gif
Sure does!