• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New toy...

Flint62a1

Private
Minuteman
This is my 03 Springfield a low numbered receiver, built in 1905. Rebarreled in 1942, and then used for years as a VFW parade gun. Years of firing blanks thru it and not cleaning it left the barrel ruined.
Over cigars with a long time friend and shooting buddy, we got to talking about making the rifle a 22. We decided to go with a chamber insert and barrel liner like the old Numrich Springfield conversion kits. His machinist friend cut the chamber insert and we drilled out the barrel to install a liner and after a few fits and starts got it all together. An M2 bolt from ebay and we were in business. It's a single shot, maybe I'll find a floorplate and magazine at some point. Got to range test it today, and of course didn't take and photos of the groups. CCI SV was the overall best. I'll try and remember the target photos next time out.

IMG_4877.jpg
IMG_4878.jpg

Great job. You put her back in the game and that was no small accomplishment. Think of all the stories she has and now you will write new ones

Reactions: Flint62a1
IMO that is seriously cool. !! Break that baby out at the range and know there won't be any others like it on the next bench....

Reactions: Flint62a1