• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing New toys for my garage!

ken226

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2009
Washington
A few months ago i bought a Smith 12x37 lathe and an Alphatig 200X Tig welder, which have both been working great. I recently decided to get a new mill to go along with the lathe and welder. I was originally very skeptical of buying a chinese made squarewave tig welder, but I needed the AC/DC, pulse, start amp, end amp, AC balance, etc settings. going on 3 months so far and its still working :). It has a 2 year warranty, so thats probably how long it will last.

The mill is a Taiwanese made 7x31 small knee mill. Just got it set up and running a few minutes ago! i can't wait to go make some chips.

Attachments

• DSC_1805_zps3bd84c83.jpg
    DSC_1805_zps3bd84c83.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_1804_zps18ad0ae2.jpg
    DSC_1804_zps18ad0ae2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 16
Nice score.

One of my customers(who is a more money than brains guy) mentioned he had a MIG welder he was going to sell. He had purchased it new to do a railing at his house a couple of years ago and has sat in his garage ever since.
I asked him what it was and he couldn't remember, thought it started with a "H" or something.
He brought it over Sunday to show me and it is a Hobart Handler 187 and he figured it only has about 10 hours on it.
I asked him what he wanted for it and he says he isn't sure, wasn't worried about the money because even with buying the welder he saved a ton of cash on the railing job but he needed some ammo.
I traded him two battle packs of 308 I had sitting around that I bought at a gunshow years ago for $40.00 each.
Some days things work out ok.

A good friend who tought me lots on gun tradin yrs ago said all it takes to make a good deal is a happy seller and a happy buyer. That was a good deal!

A good friend who tought me lots on gun tradin yrs ago said all it takes to make a good deal is a happy seller and a happy buyer. That was a good deal!

I'm going to try fluting an AR10 match barrel on it today! I'll post the results in a few hours!!

Wish me luck :)

nice deal on the mig welder, also can't wait to see how the fluting works out for you!