• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New toys for the range

bunsen27

ACME Labs
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I recently received a nice assortment of plasma cut 3/8" A36 targets from Arkansas Custom Manufacturing.

rimfiretargets.jpg

I had a local fabricator weld on some 1/4" round bar j-hooks and bend up some 3/8"round bar M frames. I headed to the range today to take advantage of the weather and get some pre-season practice in for Conover TSC.

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

The wind wasn't too bad, only gusting 4-7mph, but it was swirling badly from 150 to 250yds. Granted considering it was 65F and sunny in January I can't complain. That's also my excuse for burning through a months allotment of ammo in a day.
blush.gif

Re: New toys for the range

Very cool Bunsen, nice targets. Glad to see you are getting range time...I am jealous.

As to the paint can at 150 leaning on the target stand....you know better than that. Murphy will make you buy a new can eventually
smile.gif
Splatter has a mind of its own.

Looks like a great time! Thanks for the pics.

Very true on the paint can and splatter! It's interesting how by the end of the day the splatter starts digging a trench directly below the target about 12" long. I actually put the paint can there to give a sense of scale to the target size. 3" circle (2MOA) on the right and 2" circle (~1.5MOA) on the left. That 2" was more than enough of a challenge today with the swirling winds.

These were setting on my porch this evening:
rimfiretargets200yd.jpg

12" & 9" tall for 200yds and beyond.
smile.gif

Nice targets for endless hours of fun!
smile.gif

We scored a decent day weather wise for a range trip. From L-R the target size height is 12",9",6",5",4",and 2.5" We shot 12",9",6" at 200yds; 6",5",4" at 150yds; and 5",4",2.5" at 100yds

IMG_2170_zpsa38ac5db.jpg

Branson1369 was along squaring away his new to him CZ452 Tacticool. He had his first taste of shooting steel out to 200yds with the little 22LR......I think he's hooked.
wink.gif