• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Toys Ready For The Range

sphillips

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2005
USA
Savage MKII TR
Mueller APT 4-14x40
EGW 20 MOA Rail
TPS Low Rings
Harris 6-9'' S Bipod -KMW Pod-Loc
Tac Ops Cheek Pad

007.jpg

CZ 452 Varmint TH Stock
Mueller APT 4-14x40
DIP Rail
TPS Med Rings
Harris 6-9'' Bipod

004.jpg

CZ 452 American 16''
Mueller APT 4-14x40
DIP Rail
DIP TORX Action Screws
TPS Low Rings
Harris 6-9'' Bipod
Tac Ops Cheek Pad

003-1.jpg

Re: New Toys Ready For The Range

Thank's everyone ..

I hope to make it to the range tomorrow.

I just saw these in another thread. I love the Savage. It is inspiring me to get my range ready. I need so many bipods and scopes right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AR-180</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just saw these in another thread. I love the Savage. It is inspiring me to get my range ready. I need so many bipods and scopes right now. </div></div>

I know the feeling, i had the Savage for almost year then i bought the two CZ's a few weeks ago , so i had to order 3 scopes,bipods,rings and mounts. I had been working a lot of overtime and saved up for the rifles and all the stuff to go with them .

I'm in the market for a trainer. What are you impressions of the savage vs cz since you can shoot them side by side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: briggs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the market for a trainer. What are you impressions of the savage vs cz since you can shoot them side by side. </div></div>

The CZ 452 , is a little better built and more accurate then the savage but not by much. Both the CZ And Savage shoot the CCI Standard Velocity the best. But i also get good groups with CCI Blazer at 25 and 50 yards. I think you would be happy with either one , if you are looking for a trainer i would go with the Savage TR , or get the CZ and put it in a manners or boyds tacticool stock .

Thanks. That's exactly what I suspected. I will get a cz if its in the budget and go savage if its not and know that it is still a pretty good shooter

Sorry to butt in here. You said the CZ is better built. Better built in what way(s)?

Just the fit and finish i found. I handled a bunch of Sav's and own 2 CZ's
I also shot a mates Sav, suffice to say that after 8 years of shooting nothing but CZ's, i was a little less than impressed with the finish and fit.

The bolt on the CZ is smooth, locks down and doesnt rattle. The sav (whilst accurate and still well built), still had that 'cheap' feel to it compared to the CZ, the flat-bottom magazine of the CZ is also a bit of a plus point to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sixgunner455</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to butt in here. You said the CZ is better built. Better built in what way(s)? </div></div>

To me the bolt lock up is a little tighter on the CZ and the fit and finish is a little better, not knocking Savage in any way love my TR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sphillips</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sixgunner455</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to butt in here. You said the CZ is better built. Better built in what way(s)? </div></div>

To me the bolt lock up is a little tighter on the CZ and the fit and finish is a little better, not knocking Savage in any way love my TR. </div></div>

Don't forget to mention the fact that the bottom metal on the Savage's is designed to be thin in order to keep the stock from cracking. The problem? The bottom metal will start to deflect somewhere around 16-18 in/lbs. What happens if your rifle was going to be most accurate at 20 -24 in/lbs. on the action screws? You'll never know because you stopped when the bottom metal started to bend.

Did anyone mention that the bolt and bolt handle on the savages feel like they were welded from a few layers of tinfoil?

Accuracy to price point the savage is excellent. Fit and finish is below par.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gjantzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sphillips</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sixgunner455</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to butt in here. You said the CZ is better built. Better built in what way(s)? </div></div>

To me the bolt lock up is a little tighter on the CZ and the fit and finish is a little better, not knocking Savage in any way love my TR. </div></div>

Don't forget to mention the fact that the bottom metal on the Savage's is designed to be thin in order to keep the stock from cracking. The problem? The bottom metal will start to deflect somewhere around 16-18 in/lbs. What happens if your rifle was going to be most accurate at 20 -24 in/lbs. on the action screws? You'll never know because you stopped when the bottom metal started to bend.

Did anyone mention that the bolt and bolt handle on the savages feel like they were welded from a few layers of tinfoil?

Accuracy to price point the savage is excellent. Fit and finish is below par. </div></div>

The bolt and Handle on my TR and BTVS do not feel like they are welded from a few layers of tinfoil.