• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Trijicon SCO USMC VCOG 1-8

Makeshift Mando

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2020
New Hampshire
Got the new Trijicon VCOG that Eurooptics is offering. This is the SCO USMC version that comes with a scope molle pouch, scope cover, and flip caps. The mounting system is the Larue LT-799 QD. It has a tree reticle in mils. It even has the Bible verse that military issued Trijicon have on them.

“If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.”
-1 John 1:6

First impressions:

Glass is extremely clear, provides sharp contrast and colors. The tree reticle is great and provides up to 20 mils in each direction at 8x. The reticle at 1x feels similar to a EOTech xps. Eye box at 1x is very forgiving and less so as you progress to 8x. The Larue mount is easy to use and can be adjusted by hand. No need for a wrench. This scope is THICCC. Not only is it heavy, it also takes up a lot of space. If your looking to minimize weight this is not the option. This optic reminds me of an Elcan because of how rugged it feels.

I plan to put this on my Scar 17S with a side/top mounted T2 or RMR.

Attachments

• 29BA9502-E1F8-4E90-A9BF-7D97DF8EA8EA.jpeg
    29BA9502-E1F8-4E90-A9BF-7D97DF8EA8EA.jpeg
    433.2 KB · Views: 667
  • EB21305B-C22A-4ACA-9025-50B6643D7E22.jpeg
    EB21305B-C22A-4ACA-9025-50B6643D7E22.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 660
  • B924A6A8-6839-4337-A2B4-8A255F529ECC.jpeg
    B924A6A8-6839-4337-A2B4-8A255F529ECC.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 1,238
That looks really sweet. I especially like the looks of the reticle and wish that Trijicon offered it in their accupower/Credo LPVOs.

What is the weight of the optic with integral mount? I'm wondering how far off it actually is from something like the ATACR 1-8 or Vortex Gen 3 when you factor in a mount with those scopes.

Is the illumination daylight bright?

Reactions: Ph241989
I would be interested to see how you top mount a secondary optic considering the forged tube is fairly roughly machined.
That looks really sweet. I especially like the looks of the reticle and wish that Trijicon offered it in their accupower/Credo LPVOs.

What is the weight of the optic with integral mount? I'm wondering how far off it actually is from something like the ATACR 1-8 or Vortex Gen 3 when you factor in a mount with those scopes.

Is the illumination daylight bright?

Trijicon’s spec of 31.5oz is probably right as I weighed my SCO at 31.9oz fully assembled, with the included lithium AA battery and mount. That’s compared to the 29.9oz of an ATACR 1-8x mounted in a Badger COMM 1.7” without any accessories.

The illumination of the final setting is daylight bright, but I didn’t get it out in the bright sun and it is definitely not as bright as an ATACR or Razor G3.

The reticle is an improvement over the standard offering, however, I prefer both the ATACR and Vortex reticles over the Trijicon.

I would be interested to see how you top mount a secondary optic considering the forged tube is fairly roughly machined.

Trijicon’s spec of 31.5oz is probably right as I weighed my SCO at 31.9oz fully assembled, with the included lithium AA battery and mount. That’s compared to the 29.9oz of an ATACR 1-8x mounted in a Badger COMM 1.7” without any accessories.

The illumination of the final setting is daylight bright, but I didn’t get it out in the bright sun and it is definitely not as bright as an ATACR or Razor G3.

The reticle is an improvement over the standard offering, however, I prefer both the ATACR and Vortex reticles over the Trijicon.
Only way to top mount on the VCOG would be with the Larue LT 787 ring or similar product. It would have to be on the back part of the scope.

I’d say for the price point I’d prefer the Trijicon over the Gen 3. If the Gen 3 didn’t increase in price again I would definitely prefer that.

Haven’t used a ATACR but with the new Dark Earth color I might have to get one.

Reactions: brightt
Only way to top mount on the VCOG would be with the Larue LT 787 ring or similar product. It would have to be on the back part of the scope.

I’d say for the price point I’d prefer the Trijicon over the Gen 3. If the Gen 3 didn’t increase in price again I would definitely prefer that.

Haven’t used a ATACR but with the new Dark Earth color I might have to get one.
At least on my sample there is a rather large and roughly machined flash line that would prevent any tubular mount I'm aware of.

that's sweet, I would have jumped on that if they had the model when I got mine from Euro. On the bright side I ended up getting a MI QD mount for $75 (open box) but I like the tree reticle and mine has the standard horseshoe. Good score........

Reactions: Makeshift Mando
At least on my sample there is a rather large and roughly machined flash line that would prevent any tubular mount I'm aware of.

Trijicon has their own tubular mounting solution. I believe it accounts for that flashing.

FYI the flashing is from the forging process - they could remove it with machining but guess it falls into the cosmetic department. The housing of the VCOG starts off as a forged piece of 7075.

SCO hands down the best LPVO I have got behind…to my eyes it’s on par with ATACR and blows the Vortex G3 out of the water…at 1X…I have yet to find a better feeling LPVO…which to me is huge...it is really only marginally heavier than an ATACR with a mount...and it features a forged, tanky 7075 construction...

Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight to on if there’s any differences optically between the vcog and credo/accupower 1-8? Spec wise they look identical. Curious if it’s an upgrade or you’re paying for the added durability/built in mount

Credo has Japanese glass and VCOG has SCHOTT…to me the VCOG is clearer from 6-8x…can’t tell from 1-5x…

Last edited:
VCOG is nice and clear glass; the illumination can be 'seen' during the daytime but it's not RDS "daylight bright" like a Razor II or NF 1-8x super bright. You don't need it with the reticle, but if you are looking for bright daylight illum, the VCOG 1-8 doesn't have it.

I agree with that...its usable illumination...as I said its kind of like having an ACOG and wanting to cover up the fiber optics juuuuust enough to see contrast between dark to light objects...it is not nuclear bright...that said...nuclear bright LPVO "dots" also are really only usable when having a perfect /firm hold...if you get off center...the dots start to distort pretty bad...I do think if Trijicon would have just illuminated the center vs the horseshoe and the center...it would have been brighter...

Reactions: RHINOWSO
Got the new Trijicon VCOG that Eurooptics is offering. This is the SCO USMC version that comes with a scope molle pouch, scope cover, and flip caps. The mounting system is the Larue LT-799 QD. It has a tree reticle in mils. It even has the Bible verse that military issued Trijicon have on them.

“If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.”
-1 John 1:6

First impressions:

Glass is extremely clear, provides sharp contrast and colors. The tree reticle is great and provides up to 20 mils in each direction at 8x. The reticle at 1x feels similar to a EOTech xps. Eye box at 1x is very forgiving and less so as you progress to 8x. The Larue mount is easy to use and can be adjusted by hand. No need for a wrench. This scope is THICCC. Not only is it heavy, it also takes up a lot of space. If your looking to minimize weight this is not the option. This optic reminds me of an Elcan because of how rugged it feels.

I plan to put this on my Scar 17S with a side/top mounted T2 or RMR.
Your Scar 17s is 2 pounds heavier than my DDM4V7 5.56x45mm NATO. We can agree weight is not an issue when shooting with a bi-pod. This VCOG may be the best to be had. If someone is using an EOTech EXPS3-2 with a G43 magnifier, the weight difference is around 8 ounces. By comparison, the SCO VCOG is 3.7 ounces heavier than the NightForce ATACR with a Badger Ordnance C.O.M.M. 34mm 1.70" Black Mount. I am willing to accept the additional ounces for the Trijicon's eye relief, accuracy and improved mid-long-distance capabilities. I am also using it for shooting out to 500+ yards with my DDM4V7. This does the trick for me.

Last edited:
I received the SCO VCOG and quickly mounted it up. I will be zeroing the AR 15 this week with it and attempt to step it out to 700 yards with holdovers.

I have a VCOG SCO that I bought for my M27 we have at home. I switched it over to an SR-25 APC and so far it works pretty well. Of course I wish it was lighter, had a daylight bright dot etc. but I haven't found something else that works better given how forgiving the eye relief and eye box on the VCOG are.

I have a VCOG SCO that I bought for my M27 we have at home. I switched it over to an SR-25 APC and so far it works pretty well. Of course I wish it was lighter, had a daylight bright dot etc. but I haven't found something else that works better given how forgiving the eye relief and eye box on the VCOG are.
It feels right on my DDM4V7. I had an EOTech HWS mounted on it, and the weight increase with the SCO VCOG is around 8 ounces--not much. With the LaRue mount, I can quickly interchange the two systems.

Reactions: TacosGigante
I really wish they would make integrated red dot mount screws like they have on their acogs.

I really really enjoy the SCO VCOG (1-8) and have it on an HK 556 in this photo. I have the 1-6 VCOG on a Colt SBR and the glass isn’t as nice as the x8 version. I like the SCO VCOG so much I bought another one for a different rifle…

DSC07190-2-X3.jpg

I really really enjoy the SCO VCOG (1-8) and have it on an HK 556 in this photo. I have the 1-6 VCOG on a Colt SBR and the glass isn’t as nice as the x8 version. I like the SCO VCOG so much I bought another one for a different rifle…

DSC07190-2-X3.jpg

How much have ya shot it?...looks awfully safe-queeny even through the sepia filter

Oh yeah, shoot the fuck outta this one. Was out with a friend the other day and his kids shot it all day long Their only experience was with .22 rifles at Boy Scout Camp. They were knocking steel at 300 yds all day long. It's definitely kind of cheating with the VCOG...

IMG_0980-X3.jpg

Reactions: kyjd75