• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Truck Vault

RangerWalker71

Suppressor Peddler
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette LA
    gmail.com
    Had a Good Friend of mine custom make me a truck vault Turned out great.
    What you'all Think?

bdba77a8.jpg

8363b23d.jpg

It's 40x30x10 made of expanded metal, angle iron. It is heavy as hell. Plus it's anchored to the Frame.

Re: New Truck Vault

Looks nice. Id be worried that some bolt cutters could get through the mesh. But is really an issue? Its not like youll be storing your firearms in there for extended periods of time. I like it. I would like to see it fully enclosed so you cant see in, and maybe covered with carpet matching the interior. That way anybody looking in through the windows couldnt tell what was inside.

Bolted to the frame. You can't see in the windows at all. With it being black you can't see it sitting in back. I also have a custom floor mat that goes over the top to make it look like a normal floor

Ranger,

Very nice setup and definitely "hardening the target! Expanded metal is not all that easy to rapidly cut with bolt cutters given no edge to start with. Though, given enough time, yes it can be cut.

A bigger concern would be if the lock flanges will accept a lock similar to the Master "hidden shackle" series (the big round ones). Most standard padlocks are EASY to defeat with boltcutters.

Kevin

The use of a solid top was a smart call. Keeps prying eyes away and they would assume the rest is solid too.

Enjoy and thanks for the ideas!!!

Nothing is going to stop every thief. I was looking to slow them down. I live in a low crime area, just want to keep honest people honest. A true thief will just take the whole dang truck. No security is inpenetrable. Plus it works great for hauling my bug out stuff. Keeps the kids safe too.

Looks kick ass. Can you make more of these?
    Do you stock them? I would like to have one
    A little smaller and maybe universal so i could
    take it from one vehicle to another

I agree..........great job! In a typical smash and grab a perp wouldn't have the tools to get in.

That is awsome!! It would definetly slow them down long enough maybe Walker could catch them in the act and give them a good ol' round the house trash can ass kicking...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr Griffin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks kick ass. Can you make more of these?
    Do you stock them? I would like to have one
    A little smaller and maybe universal so i could
    take it from one vehicle to another </div></div>

Defeats the purpose to move it from vehicle to vehicle when the box is bolted to the cars frame rails.....

Looks good. I was thinking about doing one but with a pull out draw not the flip open top.

Nice job! Remember folks...any lock, safe, or other security device is merely designed to cause a badguy to think twice about hitting you and cause him to move on and look for a softer target. Security devices are basically rated by how much time and effort will be needed to crack your security.

This a good setup for a vehicle! Much better than having your toys in a locked guncase, left in plain view, that can be easily snatched and hauled away.

Looks awesome. Really like how it has your company logo too.

I've been wanting to cook something like this up. Thanks for posting up.

Kudos on a great idea and a great outcome! Looks killer to me!
    I also noticed the full size spare tire. You, sir, appear to be a thinking man! Well done.

That should slow them a bit. The average thief isnt going to be able to break into that without knowing about it first

I think it is very well done and very nice. What a great idea and application.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing is going to stop every thief. I was looking to slow them down. I live in a low crime area, just want to keep honest people honest. A true thief will just take the whole dang truck. No security is inpenetrable. Plus it works great for hauling my bug out stuff. Keeps the kids safe too. </div></div>

Have your mechanic put in a hidden toggle switch to ground the fuel pump, so the truck won't start...