• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Truck

AMGtuned

Just white trash with money.....
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2018
Maine
Well hiders, I traded in my 2013 F150 xlt, in what was possibly my favorite blue ever. It was a great truck, but I, like others, decided it was time for an upgrade. So, i got a 2018 F150 Lariat, with almost every option imaginable. Definitely tried to be humble in my purchase, but after climbing in, I was simply overwhelmed. Just thought I'd share, hopefully there are some Ford lovers out there......

20180811_182638.jpg

1J will be along shortly. He just loooooves him some aluminum.

135242.jpg

That's a custom stick for 4x4s ...

Last edited:
Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
Tough crowd is right! I got the wife an Explorer sport last fall and couldn't be happier. That will eat up all production GM's, Toyota, Nissan, yadda, yadda, in its class. Period. And I'd be willing to bet, the f150 gets best selling truck again this year, to make 42 yrs consecutive. I was never a Ford guy, would've sworn by gm trucks and nissan cars, but the times they are a changing. Regardless, hope this at least sparked some conversation. Thanks to all

Tough crowd is right! I got the wife an Explorer sport last fall and couldn't be happier. That will eat up all production GM's, Toyota, Nissan, yadda, yadda, in its class. Period. And I'd be willing to bet, the f150 gets best selling truck again this year, to make 42 yrs consecutive. I was never a Ford guy, would've sworn by gm trucks and nissan cars, but the times they are a changing. Regardless, hope this at least sparked some conversation. Thanks to all
of course Fords are the best selling truck......their owners end up having to buy a new one every 5 years :ROFLMAO:

Id rather shove a Chevy than fix a Ford.:ROFLMAO:

At least its not a Powersmoke Diesel.:eek:

I did like my 2015 FX4 until I had to tow my toy hauler the thing dragged bumper, it sucked, I traded it for a Chevy 2500 HD, will never own a ford again.

Timely post.

I spent this afternoon beginning the process of pulling the 4.6 and transmission out of my 97 f150 4x4 short box styleside.

Being a tightwad is a whole lotta work.

I assume you artfully molded a few pounds of C4 around it, perhaps in the form of a weeping Madonna brought to tears at the memory of a once great marque, then carefully encircled it with det cord tied with a tender double knot, and sent this machinery to its rightful place in automotive hell.

Fords SQUAT badly, they suck for towing.
Agreed. To an extent. I have always loathed the way f250 and some 350, squat badly when towing. Seems they cant yer that right. I did tow a 1500lb trailer loaded with an 84 massey Ferguson 4wd tractor with 2 implements, and it loved it. Took 5 square of shingles behind the axle to squat it also. Sometimes you get a friday truck, and sometimes you get that one; built on a Tuesday, after the boss bought lunch, and dealt out a raise.

I assume you artfully molded a few pounds of C4 around it, perhaps in the form of a weeping Madonna brought to tears at the memory of a once great marque, then carefully encircled it with det cord tied with a tender double knot, and sent this machinery to its rightful place in automotive hell.
Laffin. Actually, no I did not.

It's just the perfect little truck for 90% of what I do. Regular cab short box 4x4's do really well in the snowdrifts we get here in western MN.

I did like my 2015 FX4 until I had to tow my toy hauler the thing dragged bumper, it sucked, I traded it for a Chevy 2500 HD, will never own a ford again.
I work on trucks for a living, the Chevys do not carry weight as well as the Fords and the Dodges all need camshaft. Every new car, truck or what have you has some level of suck just get what ever one you can deal with the best. And as far a Chevys go the last good truck they made was in the 80's if I wanted my truck to drive like a car, I would have bought a fucking car.

it was the 150 with teh 5.0 and highest tow package they offered at the time. It was the best looking truck I ever had it just couldnt handle a all aluminum toy hauler with a big Harley in it. total weight was maybe 8 k,
All due respect AJ then you aren't exactly comparing apples to apples with your old F150 vs your new 2500HD when it comes to towing capacity. :)

Laffin. Actually, no I did not.

It's just the perfect little truck for 90% of what I do. Regular cab short box 4x4's do really well in the snowdrifts we get here in western MN.

Truthfully, I've had a Mustang ('69 Boss 302, yellow with black stripes) and 2 Broncos. There are few things I regret letting go of in my life but that 'stang is one of them. Both Broncos came with 302s and neither could tow shit, until I put a 351 Cleveland in one of them. I wound up towning a few things in anger that I shouldn't have.

I have spent a few months hand wringing over getting a German turbo screaming machine or one of a few 750+ hp Mustangs. Nostalgia will probably win the day. The sounds of a tortured American V8 and a car barely visible in tire smoke really speaks to me.

Truthfully, I've had a Mustang ('69 Boss 302, yellow with black stripes) and 2 Broncos. There are few things I regret letting go of in my life but that 'stang is one of them. Both Broncos came with 302s and neither could tow shit, until I put a 351 Cleveland in one of them. I wound up towning a few things in anger that I shouldn't have.

I have spent a few months hand wringing over getting a German turbo screaming machine or one of a few 750+ hp Mustangs. Nostalgia will probably win the day. The sounds of a tortured American V8 and a car barely visible in tire smoke really speaks to me.
Dealer I bought my truck from has a new boss 302, in yellow, with a twin turbo kit on it. Low miles, $35k...... I bet that would show you some smoke

I work on trucks for a living, the Chevys do not carry weight as well as the Fords and the Dodges all need camshaft. Every new car, truck or what have you has some level of suck just get what ever one you can deal with the best. And as far a Chevys go the last good truck they made was in the 80's if I wanted my truck to drive like a car, I would have bought a fucking car.
A good friend of mine has been working on trucks from the big three almost exclusively since the mid 90's.

The stories he tells me make my wallet pucker.

Reactions: Geno C.
True but it was rated for 13.800 pounds and sucked pulling 8k pounds. I owned fords and Chevy in he past 150 and 1500, the 1500 was better than the 150 then too. like I said aesthetically pleasing, headlights sucked, the towing characteristics of the chassis sucked, the 5,0 was fine but didn't matter is the chassis cant handle 8 k toy hauler.

All due respect AJ then you aren't exactly comparing apples to apples with your old F150 vs your new 2500HD when it comes to towing capacity. :)

Its sad that once upon a time a truck was meant as a tool (a work truck) now all the yuppies drive them like BMW cars and have driven the prices out of this world. I want rubber floor liners and waterproof seat covers. A truck should ride like a truck and not a cadillac :p

I was all about ford for about 15 years, then the 6.0 diesel came out with all this power and promise. The motor would over heat and cause me to slow down and pull over everytime I pulled our trailer. After owning 4 powerstrokes, i will not waste my time or money on them again. Ford would never step up and fix the over heating issue I wad having.
Now I switched over to ram cummins, never looked back.

I have been looking at new trucks, anyone here have a new F-250SD 6.2? Any problems hows it tow?

Its sad that once upon a time a truck was meant as a tool (a work truck) now all the yuppies drive them like BMW cars and have driven the prices out of this world. I want rubber floor liners and waterproof seat covers. A truck should ride like a truck and not a cadillac :p

Confucius say, the utility of a truck is limited only by it's owners resourcefulness.
94db6ecbd47a7d638687f4fb511757e5.jpg

teenager-sitting-in-vintage-pickup-truck-picture-id147712473

a9c3bcb6c809f18dcb2265a6cc63eaac.jpg

Im not a fan of new diesels w all the emissions. Lose the def and a EGR delete, reprogram and I'm game. I have changed to many fuel filters on my back in the snow and ice. Seen def tanks freeze due to heaters going down.

Reactions: diverdon and Bradu
I was all about ford for about 15 years, then the 6.0 diesel came out with all this power and promise. The motor would over heat and cause me to slow down and pull over everytime I pulled our trailer. After owning 4 powerstrokes, i will not waste my time or money on them again. Ford would never step up and fix the over heating issue I wad having.
Now I switched over to ram cummins, never looked back.

That's why I still have my 2000 F350 Diesel 4WD, pretty much the last year for that excellent engine. Sounds like a what a Diesel should sound like.

Reactions: AMGtuned
I have been looking at new trucks, anyone here have a new F-250SD 6.2? Any problems hows it tow?
Drove a 2018 crew cab work truck for a month while in Texas. Average mileage 10mpg empty, 8mpg towing 4K and was slow. Glad I went with the diesel on my personal truck. Once you drive something with a turbo, it’s hard to go back to naturally aspirated.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
All Fords here replaced the 00 F350 7.3 with a 2015 F350 6.7 a few years back. Amazing difference. Handles the 20k of trailer and skid steer like no big deal. No chassis stupidity like the GM's with the heavy load. My buddies Duramax rides terrible with the heavy loads like my equipment trailer or the horse trailer. The chassis beaming is so bad you can't keep anything in the cup holders, the bed hits the back of the cab, it's even broke the back glass going down the highway with a 32' gooseneck with a 10k mini excavator on it.

I can't complain much about the Chevys in the family, but for minor reasons elected not to go that way.

Recently got a 2016 F150 coming off a lease, thus far I am VERY pleased.

Traded in my Dodge for it. Couldn't get rid of that truck fast enough. I've never poured so much cash into a vehicle. Simply built poorly and bad design points (rear fenders rusting out in just a few years, mice getting into air ducts).

New truck prices are simply insane. I got into my 2016 Ford for just under $30K, it went >$50K new. The higher trim packages and crazy. I make a good living, but I just can't see putting that kind of cash into something that loses value so quickly.

For 20 years I worked a job that required me to pull trailers all across this great nation. I owned GMs, Fords, 1- dodge. I put about 125,000 hards miles a year on them. Well except the dodge I had it for 6 months, thank god for lemon laws. ;) Fords were better for interior durability and longevity, and my 7.3 powerstroke (1 ton dually) would never come off cruise pulling 20,000 pounds through the rockies at 75. But they Fd up when they changed from that motor. For comfort, you can't beat the GMs but go with the gas burners I had a lot of problems with their diesels. But yes the trucks I used to run cost @$90,000 nowadays:eek:. My Dad still buys a couple new trucks for that company every 2 or 3 years, he says it is not worth the price difference to buy diesels anymore so he goes with gas burners. He only buys Fords and GMs 3/4 tons. After 150,000 miles or so you can expect to start spending some money on both, but their usually good for @400,000 miles before it gets too expensive.