• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New US Made M14 Lothar Walther barrels with new ICR rifling. 24"to 26" velocities out of a 22" barrel.

TonyBen

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2010
LW sent me a test barrel. It's the first US made LW M14 barrel to come out of their US facility. The CEO of LW gave me authorization to mention their new rifling that, as far as I know, is the first time the public will have heard of ICR rifling, boasting faster velocities compared to other offerings. I compared it to conventional 4-groove rifling and a Satern 5R barrel.

This video also shows how a M14 rifle builder would install and headspace a barrel. Accuracy was excellent and comparable to their German made M14 barrels of the past.

Enjoy the video!

That was an incredibly well done video! Thank you. I think that you are single-handedly responsible for crashing the L-W website this morning! I'm very interested in more info on the ICR rifling, I hope you can share any updates on that. Thanks again.

• Haha
Reactions: TonyBen
Excellent video. I truly enjoyed every second of it.
I especially enjoyed the fitting portion, Thank you very much.
Frankly, Tony, your confidence and experience concerning the M1A is a welcome relief on the internet.
Is there a M1A "Top Gun" list ? ... because you are certainly on the list.

The Wizard of Auburndale. M1A Expert Grade.

Thanks again !

FWIW, and For what ever reason, at about 14:24... the embedded video fast forwarded to the very end. However it played "normal" on Rumble.
I mention this only, in case someone else has the same issue.
IE view the rest on Rumble.

FWIW, and For what ever reason, at about 14:24... the embedded video fast forwarded to the very end. However it played "normal" on Rumble.
I mention this only, in case someone else has the same issue.
IE view the rest on Rumble.
Thanks for the kind words, my friend! I'm still enjoying that ammo you gifted me! I actually told LW to send me an AR barrel as I'm sitting on all kids of 223 to test it with! :cool:

Really?! I meant for that portion to be fast forwarded and slow down just as I got off the golf cart. My finalized video on my Mac is that way. Interesting that Rumble would slow it down.

Tony.

Reactions: bfoosh006
There are several brands of barrels with different rifling configurations that are faster than most. Years ago the Rock 5R barrels were known to be faster. The 5R AR15 barrels Blackstone Arms is selling average 90fps faster than other AR barrels but the 14.5" I shot Saturday was 130fps faster than the 14.5" BCM I had with me.

Yes, 5R's seem to have been the king of velocity gains. I've got a Savage 22" Benchmark 5R that I'm going to run it with next trip out. It will be interesting to see how it does.

Tony.

Reactions: Constructor