• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New US Optics Scopes?

Zion4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
New York
I saw that USO is going to release two new scopes during SHOT in this thread: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3017904#Post3017904 and confirmed it with someone at USO. But...has anyone actually seen these or have pictures of them or have some spec? I am extremely curious because I was actually considering ordering 3.2-17x SN-3 yesterday but now that I know there are going to be two new ones, I thought it may be worthwhile to wait and see what other options (if any) I have for LR precision optics.

So yeah, if anyone has any info/pictures/specs of the new USO scopes, it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I did check out the website and unless I had some derp moment and completely missed something about the new scopes, I couldn't find any info on them yet.

Re: New US Optics Scopes?

this one Jason?

395454_10150492014243762_229717328761_8402522_1853225802_n.jpg

Lazy21
Julio

Hopefully, I'll be getting my hands on some after SHOT so I can sell
wink.gif

I'll get some info when I get to the office tomorrow and post it.

Jason

That scope looks great. Any info on the other one? Possibly a higher magnification...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That 1-8 makes me moist. </div></div>
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That 1-8 makes me moist. </div></div>

Yeah, it kind of "does it" for me too!

wink.gif

Interesting. I look forward to hearing more about this 1-8x scope, might make a good companion to a hog hunting AR rig.

+1, but only if it has an illuminated reticle that is Aimpoint bright and is under $2.5k.

Having said that Leupold's new Mark 6 1-6x24 is looking quite attractive.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout...ld-mark-6-1-6x/

Congratulations to USO for getting this out. I look forward to seeing more info on it!

Ok Guys,

Here are some spec's.

Total length: 12"
Weight: TBD
FOV at 100 yds: 1x- 81.1ft, 8x- 11.9ft
Eye Relief: 3.3"
Objective size: 27mm
Exit Pupil: 4.14mm
Elevation travel: 80+ MOA
Windage travel: 80+ MOA

It will be available in 30mm and 34mm tubes.

I hope this helps and sorry for the delay. Despite the SHOT show things have been pretty busy this week in the office.

Jason

Whats the other scope???

a 3-20 ish in a small package that would actually be released would be hottt!!!

Regards,
DT

Any more developments on the 1-8? I think I will run the 1-8 in the late Fall/early Winter this year.

For what it's worth, John told me that he had settled on a 30mm tube and that there would be 2 models. 1)FFP only scope and 2) reticle in the FFP, with a RFP red dot. He also made mention that if all went accordingly, that it was supposed come out before the end of Summer (barring any unforeseen setbacks). I for one am anxiously awaiting the release of this glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falsecrack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For what it's worth, John told me that he had settled on a 30mm tube </div></div>

glad its a 30mm, wouldnt have to switch out my new canti Spuhr mount.

Making sure it is going to be perfect. We should have these ready to deliver mid October at the latest.

Will start taking preorders soon.
John III

John, can you give us an estimate on price range?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssgtkyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Total length: 12"
Weight: TBD
FOV at 100 yds: 1x- 81.1ft, 8x- 11.9ft
Eye Relief: 3.3"
Objective size: 27mm
Exit Pupil: 4.14mm
Elevation travel: 80+ MOA
Windage travel: 80+ MOA
</div></div>

Are these final/confirmed values? Especially FOV?

Thanks

DFP 1-8x makes me moist too, lol

Any word on what the reticle choices will be?

Thanks!

Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That 1-8 makes me moist. </div></div>

DFP 1-8x makes me moist too, lol </div></div>

Me too, but Monday will be 20 weeks since my DFP was ordered and the current estimate is 4 more until it's done. I'm all dried up.

I'm also hoping that they come out with some Low Profile turrets (like the EREK).

Eagerly awaiting more news...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcal73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any word on what the reticle choices will be?

Thanks!

Jeff </div></div>

The same question is on my mind. Any word on what the reticle choices will be?

I would prefer a US Optics scope for a mid-range gun, but have been giving thought to the Leupold Mark 8 1-8x24mm with the illuminated Horus 27D reticle for that role.

Leupold-Mark-8-1.1-8-CQBS-reticle-picture-at-250-yards-illuminated.jpg

From what i have heard you will have to wait until SHOT..... But what I have heard is that it will be worth the wait !

I currently have a Mk8 H27d Leupold on order through their LE program for my SR25 ECC, but this has me wondering if I should hold out and see the reticle choices and price for the USO scope. I heard it might be a few months before the Mk8 ships. Let me know which you decide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nukes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcal73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any word on what the reticle choices will be?

Thanks!

Jeff </div></div>

The same question is on my mind. Any word on what the reticle choices will be?

I would prefer a US Optics scope for a mid-range gun, but have been giving thought to the Leupold Mark 8 1-8x24mm with the illuminated Horus 27D reticle for that role.

Leupold-Mark-8-1.1-8-CQBS-reticle-picture-at-250-yards-illuminated.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Making sure it is going to be perfect. We should have these ready to deliver mid October at the latest.

Will start taking preorders soon.
John III </div></div>

Beginning of the year now.

Dangit. Looking forward to getting my hands on one.