• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes new us optics

ebert

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2011
i just placed an order on a us optics 3.8-22x44mm with 35mm tube. my question is what is the least clutered, easiest to see moa reticle. i also ordered the blue reticle. will the led make the cross hairs look fussy. thankyou

Re: new us optics

Shouldn't make them look fuzzy at all man, it's USO. If light is leaking around the reticle, just call them up, they'll fix it. You're good man.

In MOA: I think your best bet is the CMG MOA

If you are in IPHY: MDMOA

The least cluttered is the MOA Scale Type as it is 2 MOA between stadia lines below the center point - the most cluttered is the MDMOA that is 1 MOA between lines on the vertical and Horizontal lines to 40 MOA.

I find the PCMOA is a good middle point for me as it is 1 MOA between lines to 10 MOA and then 2 MOA after that. So, for measuring long distances you would be more than likely use the below 10 MOA lines but for holdover out to distance you can use the 2 MOA lines. I personally have a MOA Scale type 1 and a PCMOA so I have learned to like the PCMOA the best in my opinion of course.

Congrats on going USO but I warn you that they are like lays potato chips it is hard to have just one.

Remember, MOA Scale 2, PCMOA, and MDMOA are all Inch Per Hundred Yards (IPHY), so make sure your reticle matches your knobs. OP stated MOA, which will be a small mismatch to IPHY.

The problem I have with Scale 2, is that there are no hold downs on it, which is a problem if you are shooting reticle holds and want some flexibility. I don't like the numbers on the windage line of the PCMOA, as I find those cluttered. So for me, MDMOA is their best IPHY reticle - all info on it is useful to me. But everyone is different and that is why they offer a lot of different options.

the moa scale type 1 is 1 iphy and so is the elev. and wind.

Sounds like you have similar tastes to me.

I don't see the RDP MOA reticle (I believe designed by RD Precision) offered for the 3.8-22x but it's an absolute dream to use on my 3.2-17! I highly recommend you call them to ask cause the ultrafine & unlit center 0.07 MOA crosshair (-2 to +2 MOA) with minimalized 5 MOA hashes is THAT good.

MOA Scale Type I would be my 2nd pick.

I've got PCMOA on my SN3 SSDS am will sell it soon enough because I really dislike the cluttered reticle.

I went MOA scale because I went with the ST-10. Since you got the 17x I can see where finer increments would be nice but at what point do you draw the line. With the illum reticle i would stick with scale because im sure you can cut increments in half with your eye and the illum will cause the lines to look thicker anyway. At the end of the day its still a USO so you will be happy.

Good luck,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamstur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got PCMOA on my SN3 SSDS am will sell it soon enough because I really dislike the cluttered reticle. </div></div>

Hamstur-
USO does change reticles for a fee ($400 + cost of reticle). If its bugging you $400+ worth, just call Becky and ship it in! They do not change turret knobs, so you are stuck with those.

I have the MDMOA in my 5-25 (which is essentially the 3.8-22 with TPAL). with the wide range of power, the rect is almost perfect. Also, the math is a little easier with IPHY ranging.

The illumination is perfect with no fuzzyness (wd?) or bleeding at any power. Only thing I didnt like is the lowest setting is too bright for night vision, but that is something you can prob specify when ordering. The lowest setting for me was perfect for early morning hunting tho.

Good luck,
DT