• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New USOptics on Mak (Pics)

swarrick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
Commiefornia (Ridgcrest)
Here is what I got this weekend, drove 3 hours to pick it up. It is AWSOME, and built like a friggen tank! A little more than I wanted and allot more than I needed. I have had the rifle for a year or so and decided to finally upgrade the optics from a SS10X to USO. Anyways the rifle is a .308 win Mak tube built by R&D Precision (HATECA).

The Scope is a
5-25x58 TPal
1/4 moa EREK
1/4 moa #3 windage
RDP reticle
Green lit reticle
35mm tube
USO 35mm rings

Here are the pics
0012.jpg

0022.jpg

003-1.jpg

0042.jpg

Re: New USOptics on Mak (Pics)

That is a ton of scope for a 308. But, I love it!

Doesnt really matter, but USO's have to be the most aesthetically pleasing optics out there. Just in front of my PMII.

Awesome piece of glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Doesnt really matter, but USO's have to be the most aesthetically pleasing optics out there.
</div></div>

Agree totally. Kind of reminds one of the US Optics girls as well!!
grin.gif

*Awesome set-up swarrick!

That's one sweeeeeet rig. Saying the USO was an upgade is an understatement!

It certanly is a beautiful scope. However, I wonder why so many are showing up for sale? Maybe it's the economy. I haven't had the opportinuty to look through a USO unit. I have a NF with 4 inches of relief. Is the 3.5 inches of relief O.K.?

steve123- The weight is nothing next to the MTU contour barrel but if I had to guess I would say a couple pounds.

JesseBB- The eye relief is fine did not even notice it was 3.5"

Thats nice! I hope my MAK kit looks like that one day...

-Slice

awesome scope and rifle combo. how much

does a bolt action ar platform like that go for now a days?

Now that is movie cool! Always liked a little gun with my scope too.

Don't know if "movie cool" was meant to be an insult or not. Either way the USO is awesome and is more than I will ever need. The rifle platform is comfortable, ergonomic, customizable, reliable and more accurate than I am. Togather they make a great setup, if that is "Movie Cool" then so be it.

I thought I already commented, but I guess not.

Very nice!! I'm not one of those that loudly proclaims "anything over 10X is too much for a 308!", rather quite the opposite. I'd have a hard time finding an SN9 as too much scope for a 22lr!

Nice rifle, and equally nice scope! I run a 5-25 PR on my 308 and haven't found it to be too much (that's where the variable part comes in. Hard to hit what you can't see!

Very nice setup! Cant wait for my USO to be done!

swarrick-did Randy epoxy the action in or is it mounted with the 180* recoil lug?

I've been interested in MAK tubes for a while. Perhaps when the economy comes back around......

I mean how much does the whole rifle/scope combo weigh now?

For the fun of it I'll guess at 17 lbs.

Steve

WOW! That's a big scope. Not a criticism, as 5-25 is probably the most versitile magnification range. I'm likin' it: nothing wrong with going a bit heavier on everything with a .308; and I really like my MTU contour. After talking to Gary Elisieo a while back, and seeing John Pierce build the tube guns he does, I am thinking about something similar - they just feel so good when running the bolt slung-up prone. How do you like that reticle?

Steve123- I do not know what the weight is, I have not weighed it. I will weight it when I get home but I am going to guess in th e 20lbs range.

Graham- thanks I also feel that the 5-25 is a good range from low to high. the MTU is overkill and if I changed anything I would go to a smaller contour but the MTU does work great. The Elisieo is also a nice tube chassis and I would like to have my wifes Savage put in one. The Reticle is GTG easy to understand adn fine enough to do good target work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It uses the recoil lug and is NOT glued in. </div></div>

Sweet, that's what I want to do someday...

Swarrick,

That combo looks pretty trick man. Me likeee. How much $$ was the Mak kit? I've seen those tube guns in pic's before, but didn't know there was a company making those kits. I just took a peak at their website, very cool stuff.

Coyotes BEWARE!
smile.gif

-Pat

You can get a Tube Kit for around 700 plus stock. The Tube Kit from Mak is great, get one you will not be disappointed. They are very customizable, you can go heavy or as light as you want. If built right they are reliable and as accurate as you could ask for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't know if "movie cool" was meant to be an insult or not. Either way the USO is awesome and is more than I will ever need. The rifle platform is comfortable, ergonomic, customizable, reliable and more accurate than I am. Togather they make a great setup, if that is "Movie Cool" then so be it. </div></div>

A compliment of coarse.

Very nice. Who cares if its too much? Better to have and not need, then need and not have.