• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft New UTM Grid Reader | Map Protractor from Bison Tactical

Fred @ Bison Tactical

Bison Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 18, 2012
    Boulder, CO
    www.bisontactical.com
    Guys, I have done the SAC for several years now, and we have been running both 1:12000 and 1:24000 maps (the 1:12K for more detail). We could not find a single protractor that had both scales last year, and so had some custom designed. Since folks here might find a use for them, I am posting this here since I suspect I am not the only one who might benefit from both scales on a single tool.

UTM-GRID-READER-MILITARY-MAP-PROTRACTOR-InUSE-small.JPG

Did you ever come up with a methodology for deriving elevation like we had discussed?

Did you ever come up with a methodology for deriving elevation like we had discussed?
    No :) just tried to use the watch as best we could as another piece of info. This year our land nav was pretty spot on with one major mistake in the mountains. We lost some time, but most of the time we were right on. Oddly enough we were much better at night than during the daytime. I think it was due to less confusion trying to second guess our tools because we couldn't see anything, and so relied on bearing and distance more where during the daytime we do more terrain association and when the terrain gets confusing we are more apt to be off when tired.

Reactions: Modoc