• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New versus old....

Twisted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
NW Oregon
www.twistedfirearms.com
I brought my M38 Nagant to the range yesterday just to put it on paper. Shooting a match with it this coming weekend and wanted to see where it was at. I need to find a pusher to move the front site over but that is a whole other issue.

Just for kicks I put 5 rounds through the 700 just to foul the bore some since I just cleaned it. (I know, its a dissapointing group. I pulled the last shot left and don't get too worked up over 100 yard groups anyways)

Nagant on the left and 700 on the right

nagantvsremington.jpg

Re: New versus old....

That's a shooter. I guess the Russians had it right.

On a side note, where are you doing most of your shooting, if you don't mind saying... I've been looking for a good spot/club and have mulled over a few different options without really making a decision.

Thats a great group from a Nagant, I had one as a teenager, that thing would not group for anything, did you reload the 7.62 x54 your self or is it surplus?

Seems pretty good, a lot of Germans died from those "clunker" rifles. A lot of Russians did too...

They shoot very well with proper diameter bullets and hand loads, I've got a few, I like them a lot.