• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New Volkmann Custom

Erud

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2005
Just picked up my Volkmann Signature Series 1911 and all I can say is "holy crap". It is unbelievable - I have never seen a pistol like this. The attention to detail is incredible. I don't even know if I want to fire it, it's so nice. I tend to go through guns fairly quickly and am not typically very sentimental about them([particularly with handguns), but I can see this one being passed down to grandchildren.

If you guys aren't familiar with Volkmann's stuff, definitely check them out. I've owned or shot most of the well-known semi custom 1911's and still own a Wilson CQB(which is excellent), but this one is in an entirely different league.

Anyways, I don't work for them or anything - just had to tell somebody and my wife could not care less...
confused.gif
I don't understand women sometimes...

Re: New Volkmann Custom

I understand. Later tonight it shall be revealed......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been Shooting the Volkmann Customs for more than a year as Luke is local to me and it's easy to visit.

If you have missed these on the front page:
My Robar Finished Volkmann

And the Sniper's Hide edition
Sniper's Hide Edition Volkmann Custom

</div></div>

Saw your write-ups LL, they were the first that I'd heard of Volkmann. Glad I did, as otherwise I never would have gotten this one:
1115rub.jpg

I seriously think that his pricing is a steal right now - it is really about comparable to Wilson, Baer, Brown or Nighthawk. But when people start seeing these and get a feel for what kind of work is going into them, I think prices and demand are bound to go up sharply. The bluing is as good as any old-school Python I've ever seen and all the little details are covered. I really don't think there is anything I'd do to this gun that isn't already done.

I got this one for a great price second-hand but unfired. I'm glad I did because I probably would never have forked up the cash for this model and really would have missed out. I'm generally a function over fashion kind of guy with firearms and would have gone with something more utilitarian like the Combatant if I were going to order new, and would not have known what I was missing. I'm sure Luke's other offerings are all excellent but this thing is just a work of art.... I now know how Gollum felt in the Lord of the Rings movies: "My precioussssss!"....

Back in June I had the chance to stop in the shop outside of Denver. They had one in the case, and let me fondle it... Very nice piece.

Enjoy yours.

I have a Snipers Hide edition. Of the several 1911's I own, this one is the finest of the lot. I have Nighthawks, Baers, etc, and some custom built bullseye guns, but Luke's work is second to none in the business. And he is so young to have mastered this business. The accuracy from this thing is amazing. And smooth as silk.

You can't go wrong with one of Luke's masterpieces.