• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Vortex Diamondback Tactical line

Has really got me wanting to do a 22 trainer lol. And I don’t shoot enough of my regular guns to need one!

This looks like the rimfire scope I’ve been waiting for. I just pre-ordered one from SWFA since they offered 10% discount and had a coupon code for free shipping.

Reactions: Voltron
I am eager to hear what folks think about this scope. Looks like a very viable candidate for a trainer. I don't expect Vipers PST gen 2 glass out of a scope at that price point but want to hear what folks think once they get them in their hands. body and turrets look just like the Viper PST gen 2 line.

Reactions: Redeye3
Guys, may I ask a question?
I looked at the specs of this new Vortex vs the Athlon Argos BTR series and I'm not seeing anything innovative here. Similar style with 5 more clicks of elevation and windage but with a lesser grade of optical coating (Fully MultiCoated vs Advanced MultiCoated) and a lower grade gas purging (Nitrogen vs Argon), Standard reticle vs Illuminated for slightly more money.
Am I missing something here?

Reactions: SageRatSafaris
I looked at the specs of this new Vortex vs the Athlon Argos BTR series and I'm not seeing anything innovative here. Similar style with 5 more clicks of elevation and windage but with a lesser grade of optical coating (Fully MultiCoated vs Advanced MultiCoated) and a lower grade gas purging (Nitrogen vs Argon), Standard reticle vs Illuminated for slightly more money.

There's also no zero stop - at least the Athlons have the shim-type zero stop system found on the Viper PST Gen 1 and (ironically) the SFP Diamondback Tactical. I think these will be pretty nice scopes for the money and will sell well, but Athlon still wins on the value front.

You are correct. I took a look at the manual for the diamondback tactical and it lacks the razr zero stop that is present in the viper pst gen II. bummer. I expected it would have a zero stop or even a shim set zero stop like the PST gen 1s.

for that amount, it would be stellar for a trainer if it tracked. that's always the big question.

I’ve got the Diamondback tactical 4-12 SFP on my 6.5 Grendel AR and it doesn’t have the zero stop or shims for it, and there’s no DIY zero stop, at least according to Vortex. Was really hoping this would have some form of a zero stop

I’ve got the Diamondback tactical 4-12 SFP on my 6.5 Grendel AR and it doesn’t have the zero stop or shims for it, and there’s no DIY zero stop, at least according to Vortex. Was really hoping this would have some form of a zero stop

Aww crap, I thought I read somewhere that they had the same turret and zero stop system. At least they didn't take away a feature...

I believe they have the same zero reset with the springloaded turrets, just not a true zero stop. But I could be wrong

I was at sportsman warehouse yesterday and saw this scope... Nothing really impressive to write about other than a cheap scope with some turrets. I think I am just spoiled with the Gen II glass as I think anything else within vortex is just meh. But then again, I prefer nicer glass. I have never looked through an Athlon offering, but I imagine they are taking that one out of their playbook.

Someone will buy them, it just isn't going to be me.

I hope to see a Nightforce 7-35 competitor from Vortex, Athlon or Bushnell.

Reactions: t8500shx
They do offer them in first focal plane. It does look like the turrets are spring loaded. To set your zero you pull up and align the zero.... Tool-less setup... No zero stop... Ouch.

Someone will buy them, it just isn't going to be me.

I hope to see a Nightforce 7-35 competitor from Vortex, Athlon or Bushnell.
5.25-35 would keep athlons new 6.66 erectors. cronus ETR? shot 2019?

From what I gather from Vortex's web site, the 1" models have the spring loaded turrets and the 30mm tubes do not. It also appears the 30mm turrets and 1" turrets do not share the same design.

Reactions: Jknox1030
How does the diamondback tactical line compare with the Bushnell Engage line?

This is the final piece I need for my Tikka .22 trainer; I was having trouble deciding on a scope because I didn't want to spend $800 on one for a .22. This is all assuming they actually sell the T1X at some point.

For sub-$400 I am ok with no zero stop. There are only so many features a scope can have at a given price point without quality or something else having to give; if you need zero stop you can pay more for a scope that has it.

Reactions: M77
Wheres everybody ordering the new diamondback's from?
Id like to go as cheap as possible for a 22 plinker.
Id like to use my LEO discount if possible.
Thanks in advance.

Wheres everybody ordering the new diamondback's from?
Id like to go as cheap as possible for a 22 plinker.
Id like to use my LEO discount if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Eurooptic ... other places sold out damn quick

Reactions: man32ahan
anyone looking for one of these dsgarms.com has all models available mil and moa and 10% off retail prices in stock ready to ship! hope to hear some reviews on these!

I’ve been waiting for a scope like this (and Athlon’s) for my 22 for a long time. I’ll be picking one of these up as soon as I source a CZ 452 LH.

How does the Athlon Argos BTR have a zero stop? I have never seen one mentioned before and the manual doesnt mention one. I am just curious as that scope is one i was considering for my AR15 in 6.5 Grendel. Just trying to stay on a budget while in college.

How does the Athlon Argos BTR have a zero stop? I have never seen one mentioned before and the manual doesnt mention one. I am just curious as that scope is one i was considering for my AR15 in 6.5 Grendel. Just trying to stay on a budget while in college.

The only thing is a shim stack...not great, but it works.