• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Vortex Fury 5000 LRF Binos with Applied Ballistics

DocUSMCRetired

Applied Ballistics
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2014
Texas
www.appliedballisticsllc.com

These communicate with the Kestrel and Garmin ABE devices. Full AB Solver on board.

1610044736001.png

Any idea what MAP and availability is on these yet? I'm in the market for binos anyway. Thanks

Most places have them listed around $1499 and being new they will probably stay around there but check the usual people like Liberty Optics, Euro Optics and Sport Optics and see what they do for best price.

They should be hitting the streets. Vortex usually doesn't put out new products if they aren't ready to ship out.

I just got these today, and was looking at tripod mounts. Do you think the RRS adapter would be best for these (or any LRF binos) due to the buttons getting covered up by the strap on some of the Lecia/Swaro adapters etc.? I tried a Bushnell adapter that has a qd mount using the threaded mounting point in front, but there's too much play in it allowing the binos to rotate.

Reactions: 7mmMato
I just got these today, and was looking at tripod mounts. Do you think the RRS adapter would be best for these (or any LRF binos) due to the buttons getting covered up by the strap on some of the Lecia/Swaro adapters etc.? I tried a Bushnell adapter that has a qd mount using the threaded mounting point in front, but there's too much play in it allowing the binos to rotate.

Get the RRS Cinch or Cinch Polymer. It works great on the pre AB Furys

@DocUSMCRetired I apologize for hitting you up on 2 different topics, but somewhat related. Do you know if these binos can connect to two supported devices simultaneously ie Kestrel and Tactix Delta?

So... These or the Sig Kilo BDX 3000 binos?
Vortex will adjust DOF and Wind Direction in the Kestrel, Sig will use the last DOF entered into the Kestrel and either the current wind or last wind acquired based on your settings. Plot out a shot with DOF 360 degree with wind 10 mph from 90 degree and then change the DOF to 270 degree, that will give you an idea of the sig as it will not know you changed DOF and will give you the same holds for both shots.

Vortex will adjust DOF and Wind Direction in the Kestrel, Sig will use the last DOF entered into the Kestrel and either the current wind or last wind acquired based on your settings. Plot out a shot with DOF 360 degree with wind 10 mph from 90 degree and then change the DOF to 270 degree, that will give you an idea of the sig as it will not know you changed DOF and will give you the same holds for both shots.

Awesome reply, thanks. Have I hamstrung myself by getting a Garmin Foretrex 701 with AB? It was a steal so I couldn't pass it up. As I understand it, the only thing I'll have to do is input the wind manually from a non-Bluetooth Kestrel I've also got.

Anyone know where the new AB model is manufactured? I've heard reports that the original Fury's where Japan, and that production has moved to China? If anyone has actually bought one of the new AB models, can you look and confirm?

Awesome reply, thanks. Have I hamstrung myself by getting a Garmin Foretrex 701 with AB? It was a steal so I couldn't pass it up. As I understand it, the only thing I'll have to do is input the wind manually from a non-Bluetooth Kestrel I've also got.
Correct.

Pretty sure the 701 changes the wind direction relative to the DOF....
The 701 uses wind clock values not compass direction. Direction will need to be changed manually.

Correct.

The 701 uses wind clock values not compass direction. Direction will need to be changed manually.
So to be clear, if a new DOF is given via BT link, the solution will NOT compensate the wind clock value based on the delta between the manually entered cock value and the new DOF?

Doc,

Do I need to upgrade my Kestrel 5700 with Link to Elite in order to take advantage of all the features of the new Fury AB?

Doc,

Do I need to upgrade my Kestrel 5700 with Link to Elite in order to take advantage of all the features of the new Fury AB?
I believe you would let the Fury do the calculations and just use the Kestrel for environmental and wind.

Reactions: Snowballs
Thank you, waiting for the unit to arrive by Canada Post - that in itself is a challenge.

Is it okay to set the unit up with the 5700 link before I do upgrade? Still recovering from paying for the Fury AB.