• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Vortex Scope 7/18...

ChrisAU

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
SE Alabama
Any guesses as to what it is?

news_block-new2019-1.jpg

On the vortex intARvention podcast they mention what optic would be perfect for the 300wsm AR they just gave (mark I think?).

Then mention “ I know there is some secret stuff you would want to put on it but what out of the current lineup?”

So what would be perfect on a 16 inch 300 wsm AR..........

On the vortex intARvention podcast they mention what optic would be perfect for the 300wsm AR they just gave (mark I think?).

Then mention “ I know there is some secret stuff you would want to put on it but what out of the current lineup?”

So what would be perfect on a 16 inch 300 wsm AR..........

A freakin’ light weight 30mm 3-18x50mm AMG, that’s what!!

If the shadow of that scope it to be taken as correct, then I'm guessing it's a new AMG.
The proportions are all wrong to be related to a Gen 2 Razor and considering those UHD binoculars are the best they've ever made it makes sense that they would be releasing a new AMG which is the best glass they have in scopes.

I to hope that it's a 3-18ish scope.

Reactions: bobke and Basher
It is a 4-20 short and light scope, not an AMG but should still have great glass, just hope they do the reticle right. Of course, I'm just guessing ;)

Reactions: BigRed308
It is a 4-20 short and light scope, not an AMG but should still have great glass, just hope they do the reticle right. Of course, I'm just guessing ;)

Hmmm. A big thing that attracted me to a 6-24 AMG for my primary rifle is the 99.9% made in the USA aspect.

Reactions: equilibrium
Hmmm. A big thing that attracted me to a 6-24 AMG for my primary rifle is the 99.9% made in the USA aspect.
AMG is working on something, but like the Skunk Works they keep it pretty top secret; however, I have it on good authority that no new AMG scope will be released in 2019. While we all would love to see the successor to the AMG 6-24 I do not think we'll see it this year, I am hoping early next year, maybe a SHOT 2020 release, and a 4-20 ultra short AMG would be ideal, I'm thinking the scope in the 2019 silhouette add is more along the lines of the Razor line but not the AMG line. That being said, if this scope is a new AMG, I will happily eat my words and put in my order as long as it ticks off all the boxes.

Reactions: ChrisAU
That's good news. I did not think it would be out until the end of the year.

ILya

How could you keep this secret from us!?

Know you can't shed any details, but are people going to pretty happy with the new announcement?

Doesn’t look like an ultra short to me :p
True, but it does look shorter than the current AMG... maybe, but then again, it could be a generic scope silhouette and doesn't even represent the shape of the scope that will be announced.

Vortex amg 3x18 would be nice if it was shorter and lighter.I am so addicted to quality glass and so many good scopes have been coming out,It will put me in the poor house.

Reactions: vortex.nick
If Vortex is coming out with a new Razor or AMG in the 3-18ish range how about offering all the reticle options rather than 1 or maybe 2?

A new AMG in 3-18x will make me rethink my NX8 2.5-20x order...but the 7/18 release will be too late. Guess I'll have to get both. :)

A 3-18 or 5-20 AMG would be nice as long as they thicken the reticle. I had two AMGs and sold them both. Reticle is too damn thin for any use other than target shooting.

In all seriousness they did mount this scope on a JP rifle so I’m thinking it is top dollar...
but there is that looming feeling that Vortex would throw something like a diamond back on there and claim it can track like a NF lol

I thought they only dropped prices on the older reticles, and the new versions had the same MAP as before.

When we introduced the update to the Razor HD Gen II with the improved EBR-7C reticle, we also decreased the MAP by $500. The older EBR-2C was discontinued in the process which is why people are seeing them at dealers for much less now. The Horus H59 and Tremor 3 remained at $2500 MAP due to the fees associated with the use of those reticles.

When we introduced the update to the Razor HD Gen II with the improved EBR-7C reticle, we also decreased the MAP by $500. The older EBR-2C was discontinued in the process which is why people are seeing them at dealers for much less now. The Horus H59 and Tremor 3 remained at $2500 MAP due to the fees associated with the use of those reticles.
And vortex is in the house

Thanks Nick. Been gone all week and just getting back on the site but glad you got that cleared up.

So you’re just gonna fill us in on the Gen2 and then dip without giving us the secret squierrl SH skinny on the new release?! :( ?

Just kidding. Thanks for the clarification on the Razors, and definitely hoping the new toy is a 3-18x50 AMG!!

So you’re just gonna fill us in on the Gen2 and then dip without giving us the secret squierrl SH skinny on the new release?! :( ?

Just kidding. Thanks for the clarification on the Razors, and definitely hoping the new toy is a 3-18x50 AMG!!

LOL! No problem. Glad to help. Sorry I cannot provide the info you guys are looking for. I will say that we are listening and plan to continue to do so. It's great to hear what our customers want and hope we can continue delivering based on that info.

hopefully it's a PST gen III with an EBR-7 reticle and maybe locking turrets
This would fix the only problem with the PST !!!

I’ve had that exact thought. :ROFLMAO: I’ve got a 50% cert to use, so I’m hoping new AMG, but we’ll find out soon enough!
Give you $100 for it - we know this is just a crossfire with exposed turrets !:rolleyes:

Reactions: Basher
LOL! No problem. Glad to help. Sorry I cannot provide the info you guys are looking for. I will say that we are listening and plan to continue to do so. It's great to hear what our customers want and hope we can continue delivering based on that info.

Hey Nick, I speak for the masses. We want a gen II golden eagle 34 mm

Since I just got a Revic...watch it be a Vortex smart scope of some sort. :LOL:

Thanks for the correction. I either missed or forgot about the MAP drop on the new reticles.