• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Vortex Viper HD line of scopes out today

JayseM_SportOptics

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2019

Let me know if you have any questions about these. Pretty solid upgrade from the previous models from my limited time with them so far.

Here's some more good info on them.

Attachments

• Viper HD FAQ.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 85
  • Viper HD Overview.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
  • Viper HD Reticles.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 45
Do we know how the glass compares to the LHT/PST G2?

Being made in Phillipines I'm guessing they are very similar to the PST G2.

Pretty sharply priced.

Let me know if you have any questions about these. Pretty solid upgrade from the previous models from my limited time with them so far.
Where is the glass made? China? Philippines? Japan? I know the scopes are made in the Philippines like the other Viper series scopes, just not sure where the glass is from. At $1,300 MSRP, I'd expect maybe mid-tier LOW glass like the Burris XTR-3.

Also, how does the glass compare to the XTR-3 5.5-30x56?

Where is the glass made? China? Philippines? Japan? I know the scopes are made in the Philippines like the other Viper series scopes, just not sure where the glass is from. At $1,300 MSRP, I'd expect maybe mid-tier LOW glass like the Burris XTR-3.

Also, how does the glass compare to the XTR-3 5.5-30x56?
The last attachment says Phillipines.

The last attachment says Phillipines.
I know the scopes are, but that doesn't say shit about the glass... I've never even heard of Philippines producing glass. Most scopes made in the Philippines source glass from China or Japan. But I would like someone from Vortex to respond so I know for sure.

I don’t much care for the push button illumination. Too bad it wasn’t like the razor line.

I know the scopes are, but that doesn't say shit about the glass... I've never even heard of Philippines producing glass. Most scopes made in the Philippines source glass from China or Japan. But I would like someone from Vortex to respond so I know for sure.
According to @Rob01 glass is coming from Japan for these scopes. I would trust Rob...

Reactions: FuhQ
I don’t much care for the push button illumination. Too bad it wasn’t like the razor line.
Yeah push button illumination sucks butt. "I think i need one more level of brightness... nope too bright. F! Now i have to push this button 5 more times to get back to where I just was. Ah crap i pushed and held too long now the reticle is green. And now i just turned it off."

Dial with off position between intensity settings is all you need. Or feel free to get fancy with push to turn on and then dial intensity.

Reactions: GrandeJake
You would love the Kahles K-series illumination knobs then… Smooth continuous dial with no preset detents other than the initial Off/On click so it doesn’t accidentally get bumped and turn on. You can dial it perfectly how you need it.

Reactions: Deets
Alright, so I preordered a 5-25x50 FFP VMR-4 MRAD model to try out from EuroOptic, after finding out the glass is in-fact Japanese LOW ED lenses. 👍🏼

Reactions: Glowie