• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes *NEW* Vortex Viper HS Rifle Scopes

SWFA

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2002
Texas
www.swfa.com
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #CC0000">*****Available Summer 2011*****</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Vortex Optics Viper HS riflescopes the new choice for hunters and shooters</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex takes its incredibly popular Viper Riflescopes to the next level
with the introduction of the Viper HS (Hunting/Shooting) series</span>

An evolutionary upgrade, Vortex Viper HS riflescopes offer hunters and shooters an array of new-for-2011
features sure to be well received. Built on ultrastrong 30mm one-piece machined aluminum tubes, these scopes
deliver increased windage and elevation travel for optimal adjustment. A new optical system highlighted with a
4x zoom range provides magnification versatility. The ultrafriendly eye box with increased eye relief gets
shooters on target quickly and easily – because shooting opportunities can be measured in fractions of seconds.

Standout models within the series offer enhanced performance features for specialized applications. The 1-4x24
with TMCQ (Tactical Milling Close Quarter) illuminated reticle is ideally suited for AR platform rifles, as well
as dangerous game setups. Ten intensity levels of illumination with an off position between each give shooters
quick access to preferred settings. Whether you’re first-in during entry, or trying to break down a brown bear in
the willows, the Viper HS 1-4x24 will help get the job done. The 4-16x50 LR (Long Range) and 4-16x44 LR
models feature exposed target-style elevation turrets with Vortex’s CRS (Customizable Rotational Stop) zero
stop. Combine that with 75 MOA of elevation travel (24 MOA per revolution) and you get riflescopes perfect
for dialing precision long-range shots.

XD (extra-low dispersion) glass guarantee sharp, crisp images from edge to edge. Lenses fully multicoated with
Vortex’s proprietary XR coatings ensure superior light transmission, allowing hunters to take advantage of
every minute of legal shooting time. Exterior lenses feature ArmorTek, an ultrahard optical coating engineered
to protect against scratches, oil and dirt. O-ring sealed and purged with argon gas for 100 percent
waterproof/fogproof performance. Shockproof construction withstands recoil and impact from every angle. Fast
focus eyepiece and quick reset turrets

Vortex 1-4x24 Viper HS
<span style="color: #CC0000">$479.95 </span>
•Matte Finish
•Illuminated TMCQ Reticle
•30mm Tube
rfl_vhs_1-4x24_l_2.jpg

Vortex 2.5-10x44 Viper HS
<span style="color: #CC0000">$359.95</span>
•Matte Finish
•Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
•30mm Tube

Vortex 2.5-10x44 Viper HS
<span style="color: #CC0000">$349.95</span>
•Matte Finish
•V-Plex Reticle
•30mm Tube
rfl_vhs_2-5-10x44_l.jpg

Vortex 4-16x44 Viper HS
<span style="color: #CC0000">$499.95</span>
•Matte Finish
•Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
•30mm Tube
•Long Range (Exposed Turrets)
rfl_vhs_4-16x44-lr_l.jpg

Vortex 4-16x44 Viper HS
<span style="color: #CC0000">$459.95</span>
•Matte Finish
•Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
•30mm Tube
Vortex 4-16x44 Viper HS
<span style="color: #CC0000">$449.95</span>
•Matte Finish
•V-Plex Reticle
•30mm Tube
rfl_vhs_4-16x44_l.jpg

Vortex 4-16x50 Viper HS
<span style="color: #CC0000">$539.95</span>
•Matte Finish
•Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
•30mm Tube
•Long Range (Exposed Turrets)
rfl_vhs_4-16x50-lr_l.jpg

Vortex 4-16x50 Viper HS
<span style="color: #CC0000">$499.95</span>
•Matte Finish
•Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
•30mm Tube

Vortex 4-16x50 Viper HS
<span style="color: #CC0000">$489.95</span>
•Matte Finish
•V-Plex Reticle
•30mm Tube
rfl_vhs_4-16x50_l.jpg

Re: *NEW* Vortex Viper HS Rifle Scopes

What is the TCMQ reticle graduated in, MOA or Mil? I'm assuming that the turrets match the reticle, but just in case, do they?

I really like the 1-4x24 if it's available in MOA as all my other scopes are MOA, consistency is important.

The Viper HS 1-4x24 will have the MOA version of the TMCQ reticle as well as MOA turrets (1/2MOA clicks, 24MOA per turn).

-Sam

Sam, thanks for the quick reply. I'll be seriously considering that as funds allow for purchase. Right now I have a NF 2.5-10 pulling double duty and I'd like to put a 1-4 on my AR and get the NF onto my hunting rifle. Swapping a scope back and forth gets old quickly.

Sorry, hate to ask but would like this clarified:

MOA will be an option or the only option?

The reason I ask is this. I intend to purchase the 1-4 PST, but if I could get the HS in MIL/MIL, I would do that because it has covered turrets.

Thanks in advance Sam.

Initially the 1-4x24 HS will just be MOA/MOA, but we may end up adding a MIL/MIL depending on demand. It would probably be a 2012 introduction if we did it.

-Sam

Smart move, that way you can sell me two scopes because I won't wait that long
grin.gif
. Thanks for the info buddy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Illuminate reticle?</div></div>

Many hunters scopes intentionally do not have illuminated reticles as those are illegal in some states for use in hunting purposes.

Looking at the pictures, I don't easily see mechanisms for illumination.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Illuminate reticle?</div></div>

Many hunters scopes intentionally do not have illuminated reticles as those are illegal in some states for use in hunting purposes.

Looking at the pictures, I don't easily see mechanisms for illumination. </div></div>

The 1-4x24 appears to be listed with an illum. reticle.

I had noticed this trend towards no illum. on reticles for hunting type scopes but I was unaware that they were actually illegal in some states.

I suppose I should go read the laws closely in PA as I've never concerned myself with it before. Last thing I need to do is get popped for something as ridiculous as an illum. reticle on my 2.5-10x32 that I've been putting on a hunting rifle.

Thanks for the heads up.

The law may not specify illuminated reticles. In many cases it just reads that it is illegal to hunt with any battery powered light source (meant for spotlights) or light enhancement device (Night Vision) but sometimes interpreted by Game Wardens or Judges to also include scope reticles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Illuminate reticle?</div></div>

Looking at the pictures, I don't easily see mechanisms for illumination. </div></div>

The 1-4x24 appears to be listed with an illum. reticle.

I had noticed this trend towards no illum. on reticles for hunting type scopes but I was unaware that they were actually illegal in some states.

I suppose I should go read the laws closely in PA as I've never concerned myself with it before. Last thing I need to do is get popped for something as ridiculous as an illum. reticle on my 2.5-10x32 that I've been putting on a hunting rifle.

Thanks for the heads up. </div></div>

Yes, that's correct. The 1-4x24 Viper HS is the only illuminated HS model. It's basically the exact same thing as the 1-4x24 PST, but with capped turrets.

-Sam

What caliber and grains is the Dead Hold BDC designed to work with??

If the answers are good... I have a new scope in mind!!

DK

Vortex is bringing a very nice selection of scopes to the market. Always good to have more to choose from.

Is it just me that thinks its fucked up for vortex to be releasing a new line when we are still waiting for the WAY overdue PST line....just think it shows a lack of commitment to all those waiting for the PST line. Like it or not perception is reality

Ps....I know the PST's are coming out now but considering how messed up the whole process was I just don't agree with anouncing another line ahead of time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it just me that thinks its fucked up for vortex to be releasing a new line when we are still waiting for the WAY overdue PST line....just think it shows a lack of commitment to all those waiting for the PST line. Like it or not perception is reality

Ps....I know the PST's are coming out now but considering how messed up the whole process was I just don't agree with anouncing another line ahead of time </div></div>

actually these are PST's. And the reason they are probably out early is because of the simple capped turrets. The turrets were the main reason for the big delay on the original PST.

This is my opinion, I do not work for Vortex.

I for one am glad to see some lower priced versions of a scope that can be easily used for tactical situations. The 1 PST scope that I had in my hand was just fine as far as the turrents go.

The whole scope was extremely well built, and I loved the features it had. I am very interested in the HS line of scopes, but I would have loved it even more with an EBR reticle option.

Not a slam, not a complaint. If the BDC reticle works for my application, this will be the scope that I purchase.

DK

That sounds interesting...if these really are the exact same as the PST line with the only difference being reticle and knobs and illumination. Would be interesting to know and might piss off some PST buyers as these are cheaper and some might not pay more if they knew about this in advance

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it just me that thinks its fucked up for vortex to be releasing a new line when we are still waiting for the WAY overdue PST line....just think it shows a lack of commitment to all those waiting for the PST line. Like it or not perception is reality

Ps....I know the PST's are coming out now but considering how messed up the whole process was I just don't agree with anouncing another line ahead of time </div></div>

They can obviously speak for themselves and do an excellent job.

Take into consideration that they most likely have plans that are at least two years out. The PST line was due to launch at SHOT 2010. The HS was most likely already in the works and due to lauch at SHOT 2011.

The PST setback cannot allow any other plans that were already set in place to be altered.

Just speculating. Give them a break though as they have done more for our industry than any other company and in just a few years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am very interested in the HS line of scopes, but I would have loved it even more with an EBR reticle option.</div></div>

I thought it was extraordinary insight to include the Gen 2 XR reticle in the Premier Hunter. I know that if I was to buy an HS I would prefer an EBR type reticle over a dead hold.

Maybe if there is enough interest...

Vortex <span style="font-weight: bold">has </span>been known to listen to their cutomers.
wink.gif

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it just me that thinks its fucked up for vortex to be releasing a new line when we are still waiting for the WAY overdue PST line....just think it shows a lack of commitment to all those waiting for the PST line. Like it or not perception is reality

They can obviously speak for themselves and do an excellent job.

Take into consideration that they most likely have plans that are at least two years out. The PST line was due to launch at SHOT 2010. The HS was most likely already in the works and due to lauch at SHOT 2011.

The PST setback cannot allow any other plans that were already set in place to be altered.

Just speculating. Give them a break though as they have done more for our industry than any other company and in just a few years.</div></div>

I asked Vortex in an email several months ago for a 2.5-10x44 30mm scope and they replied that it was all ready a done deal to be released this year. So yeah, these didn't come about in the last couple days.

The 4-16 has 75 moa of adjustment, how about the 2.5-10?

Since these are due out this summer, that should make for perfect timing for my new stick to materialize!!

DK

OK, from what I can tell on the SWFA website, it appears that the windage turrent is a capped turrent?? Or is that just my eyes playing tricks on me??

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, from what I can tell on the SWFA website, it appears that the windage turrent is a capped turrent?? Or is that just my eyes playing tricks on me??

DK </div></div>

On just the Long Range versions of the Viper HS's the elevation turret is a PST style turret, but 1/2MOA per click and 24MOA per turn, with a standard capped 1/4MOA per click 12MOA per turn windage turret.

The rest of the Viper HS's have standard capped windage and elevation turrets.

-Sam