• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"New" Winchester M70 Stealth

xgunbunny

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2006
PA
Just curious if anyone has had the chance to handle and/or shoot the "New" Winchester M70 Stealth that was shown at the Shot Show.

Re: "New" Winchester M70 Stealth

I haven't shot one but I got the chance to handle one the other day. I'm very impressed with the quality of the new Winchester Model 70s throughout their whole line.

Smooth actions and great triggers right out of the box. The Stealth is a very cool looking rifle. All black with a very nice stock.

I liked it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cascade_Sherpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did they go back to the Pre '64 controlled feed action? I thought i read it some where? </div></div>

Yes they did. The rifles I've handled have nice smooth actions out of the box.

I'm happy to hear the new Stealths seem to be a solid rifle. Has anyone heard what the rate of twist is on these?