• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New world record, 4.4 mile shot.

Reminds me of that time I stood on a 6ft ladder after eating a bag of skittles and I let the spit almost touch the floor before pulling it all back.

My friends thought it was cool, none of the girls did.

Didn’t take me 69 attempts though.

Can we stop celebrating people and their mediocrity?

Bet the guy never worked in concrete or can bench 275 let alone have 75 bow kills. Amateur

• Haha
Reactions: Slash0311
I think ya'll are jealous. No matter how you did it thats a pretty amazing feat.

I use this only as a joking example but you could set up at the National Cathedra and hit someone in Georgetown or near there. As the bird flies its a lot less than 4.4 miles.

1664038152172.png

Or even further

I think ya'll are jealous. No matter how you did it thats a pretty amazing feat.

I use this only as a joking example but you could set up at the National Cathedra and hit someone in Georgetown or near there. As the bird flies its a lot less than 4.4 miles.

View attachment 7962711

Or even further

If they were still standing on the "X" after you shot the first 68 times . . . they deserve to be hit.

View attachment 7962711

Or even further

69 shots. Depending on the day and time, you could hit a lot of people and never sniff your target…

Reactions: Maggot
I'm trying to think of a more valid way to call something like that a record. I'm thinking maximum of around 3-5 sighters followed by a minimim quantity of consecutive hits. Maybe a requirement to duplicate it under different conditions.

I'm trying to think of a more valid way to call something like that a record. I'm thinking maximum of around 3-5 sighters followed by a minimim quantity of consecutive hits. Maybe a requirement to duplicate it under different conditions.
SH standard 6x5.

• Haha
Reactions: x2cross
This quote right here makes me wonder:

“Traditionally in extreme long-range shooting, we wanted long, skinny bullets,” he said. “However, we discovered that as a bullet crosses over into subsonic velocity, it flies better if it’s shorter and fatter.”

That ain't shit my Savage 6.5 Creedmoor in a Choate chassis stock can handle that no problemo.................if I do my part. It has had a super trigger polish by a bonified retired Army sniper and wears the latest Counter Sniper scope in special milled and lapped rings.

All kidding aside this moves my needle about a mm. Who cares? It's really a record with no merit or purpose. Yes I can't come close to attemping that nor do I even care to try.

Give any reasonably competent soldier an M-2 and a 69 round belt with the same forward observers and I bet they could walk a round in.
At 4.4 miles" Youre dreaming.

Reactions: Bradu
Okay....wow....4.4 miles....AWESOME.....took them 69 tries??...69.....let that sink in......something tells me they are having a good laugh.

It's definitely impressive... But if I go and buy 69 lotto tickets, there's always a chance one wins.

That distance is impressive but the scope was MOA, not MIL. If I put a MOA on my. 308 with M855 green tip ammo, I think I could hit it. If it was a little closer... But only if it was a Quigley-Ford MOA.

• Haha
Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
It's definitely impressive... But if I go and buy 69 lotto tickets, there's always a chance one wins.

That distance is impressive but the scope was MOA, not MIL. If I put a MOA on my. 308 with M855 green tip ammo, I think I could hit it. If it was a little closer... But only if it was a Quigley-Ford MOA.
I feel certain you'd hit it...if you do your part.

Reactions: Slash0311
So walking rounds in like FO gives you a world title these days.......

Doc