• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New zcomp MPCT2 or MPCT3

Lupercal

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2020
Need a bit of advice from anyone who has experience with the Zcomp 5-27, I have one on order and need to decide between the MPCT2 or MPCT3. It will be primarily used for long range hunting with some target mixed in. Best ret for this purpose? (I am leaning towards the mpct3)

Reactions: CSTactical
Do you need the funnel?

Do you like open circles?

If yes than mpct3...

I have the MPCT2 and it checks all the boxes for me. That said, I am interested in eventually getting an MPCT 3. Really hard to go wrong with either. But if long range hunting I would lean toward using the 2 for more open view when glassing through the scope, counting points in thick timber, etc.

The circles seem interesting being that you can see through them though I would probably not use them 9/10 shots taken, the funnel is completely useless for my purposes.... good point about glassing also.

Last edited:
Reactions: earthtrekker1775
Ok, so ended up actually getting a look through both at some decent range. I went with the MPCT2, for glassing which I do a lot of with my scopes it worked much better for me. The funnel was my main issue with the mpct3 it just takes up too much room right in the middle top half, which is ok if you are going to use it, I guess. Hrmmm....MPCT4 with no funnel maybe? TBH though weather you have MPCT1, 2, or 3 I think it would be quite hard to be unhappy with these scopes.

Ok, so ended up actually getting a look through both at some decent range. I went with the MPCT2, for glassing which I do a lot of with my scopes it worked much better for me. The funnel was my main issue with the mpct3 it just takes up too much room right in the middle top half, which is ok if you are going to use it, I guess. Hrmmm....MPCT4 with no funnel maybe? TBH though weather you have MPCT1, 2, or 3 I think it would be quite hard to be unhappy with these scopes.

Feel free to give us a call at 916-670-1103 and we could help you with your decision :cool:

I had the same dilemma. I ended up with mpct 2. Easier for me to level the scope when using the tree. Dont know about centering the target in the donut. I prefer Athlon’s APRS approach to decluttering the tree.

Reactions: Lupercal
MPCT2 and MPCT3 side by side, the resolution from them pics are nothing like how they are real life:
b8023605-2fab-41f4-ae57-1f0343c7d665-jpeg.7228753