• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newb question about bedding with an HS Precision

Re: Newb question about bedding with an HS Precision

there is totally a thread about this, he has pictures, same action, same stock. go back a few pages in smithing i think. or, well you know

Mine shoots great without it. Even after taking apart and putting back together multiple times. How does your rifle shoot as is?

Mine is shooting inconsistently. Might be me, the rifle, the scope, the ammo, the phase of the friggin moon...who knows?

I'm just in the process of trying to narrow down the cause, and if bedding it could improve it, I may as well go ahead and do it.

Presuming the rings, mount and action screws and the nut behind the trigger are torqued correctly. Is it a stock trigger? A good trigger job can do wonders. I'd do the trigger job before I look at bedding a HS stock (unless there was something obviously wrong).