• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Newb question about CIP length dbm and stock inlet, looking for help

Safety_3rd

Semi-pro whiskey sommelier
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2017
Austin Texas
I picked up a barreled action defiance deviant in 338 lapua and is coming from an AI chassis. I'd like to drop it into a stock and have no idea if it's possible. My understanding is that I need a stock inlet for a Remington LA (my defiant has the modified bolt handle to drop in) and with a dbm M5 CIP length bottom metal. My question is I can find bottom metal that's both just LA and LA cip length. Can someone set me straight? I tried using the search function and no luck there. Thanks

LA hold about a 3.65 length cartridge while the LA CIP holds up to 3.77 length
You definitely want CIP for 338 LM for 285 & 300’s

Reactions: Safety_3rd
Okay yea, but when I see a stock that says "long action DBM inlet" does that mean it will fit a regular long action and a CIP length?

I picked up a barreled action defiance deviant in 338 lapua and is coming from an AI chassis. I'd like to drop it into a stock and have no idea if it's possible. My understanding is that I need a stock inlet for a Remington LA (my defiant has the modified bolt handle to drop in) and with a dbm M5 CIP length bottom metal. My question is I can find bottom metal that's both just LA and LA cip length. Can someone set me straight? I tried using the search function and no luck there. Thanks

The KMW SENTINELs can be had with the new Gen II DBMs which are configurable to either SAAMI or CIP magazines.
The SENTINELs are also available with the Long Action version of the IMB which makes the stock a "bolt in and go" chassis.

For reference, this batch of LongSword rifles are build on KMW branded Deviants loaded into IMB chassis and Gen II DBM with CIP mags.
20191018_210227.jpg

20191018_210042.jpg

There is also a Mk2 Long Action DBM that Manners, McMillan and Foundation Stocks can inlet for. The Mk2 will work perfectly with your Deviant and CIP magazines. The KMW Mk2 DBM bottom metal for conventional stocks is pictured below.

20191107_234633.jpg

./

Last edited:
Reactions: Safety_3rd