• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newb question Timney Calvin Elite Rem 700 bolt release/reset?

Slick66

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2008
Cumming, Georgia, USA
Hey y'all, hope everyone had a great Christmas or what ever you are celebrating.

I am new to Timney triggers, and have a Calvin elite trigger on an accurized Rem 700 (.223). Pressed bolt release to get bolt out, then went to put it back in, and bolt stop isn't engaging.

Tried dry-firing, engaging safety, but the bolt keeps coming out. Manual didn't help.

Thanks for your tips in advance!

Something might be binding up. Take the barreled action out of the stock and make sure it's working correctly and then put it back in stock and see if it works.

Reactions: Slick66
Thanks. Took it out, and the back end of the bolt stop lever never makes it into the notch on the bolt release lever. According to the manual, I need to bend the end of the bolt stop lever somewhat. Now I see why custom actions hav improved bolt release mechanisms. The only one I've seen flimsier than this is the slide release on my Browning Medalist.

ETA: Yes, the tail end of the bolt release lever was slipping out of the notch at the back of the bolt stop. Tapped it back forward with a punch until it sticks. Doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence, though, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob01