• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newb range report. Part 2

Iggy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Northern California
Today t0kie and I went out for another quick range trip. He had to break-in his gun and I had to try out my new AICS stock. The day was great for shooting although towards the end of the day there was some wind blowing in the 5 o'clock direction. I don't know if that contributed to by groups straying a bit to the lower right or if it was just me. This is my second time out, but I think my groups are getting better.

The stock is defiantly an improvement! I am glad I shot the gun first with the Hogue Tactical stock because it really makes me appreciate this one.

I'm not an expert so my shots still need a lot to get better and besides more shooting here is what I think I need to do to the gun.

1. Better scope.
I am really surprised how well the AIM scope is holding up and keeping zero. It is very consistent. The position and eye relief need to be improved. I'm looking to buy a one piece rail for the scope to push it out about 2 inches. I'm also considering trading out the scope completely for a 3-9x42 SS HD, because I want something better and learn on a mil/mil platform. Any thoughts on this scope or one that is good in that range ($600) with mil/mil first focal plane?

2. Trigger work.
I like the stock trigger, but I think 2.5-3lbs would make it better.

That's all for now! Thanks for reading!

The shooter:
shooter1.JPG

The rig:
rig1.JPG

rig2.JPG

The groups (3 best, 3 shot groups):

The random ones to the left are from the zero in. This is 3 shots, 2 are in the same hole!
g2-1.JPG

g2-2.JPG

g2-3.JPG

Re: Newb range report. Part 2

Warms my heart to see a young man getting so into that which the rest of us love so dearly!!! Keep those reports comin' Iggy!!!