• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newb Range Report part 3

Iggy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Northern California
So now it's been a total of 3 times out to the range with my bolt action. It is so much fun. Normally t0kie and I are raging havoc on paper, but today Bob showed me around the members only range which is super nice! I will defiantly be joining the club.

Nothing different in my gun setup this time around. I had ordered a SS 10x42HD and UPS did a huge FAIL and didn't get it to me on time. However today there a few new variables and a new scope may have been too much. The last 2 times I had been shooting with Hornady 168g A-Max, i shot about 30 rounds today, but I also tried out the Sierra 175g Match Kings. Those took some getting used to but the gun seemed to like it.

I got a change to shoot out to 200 yards. The obvious thing about shooting further is that mistakes are magnified by a lot. You guys that shoot out to 1000 yards are insane! It must be so hard.

I'm having so much fun with this sport! I got my reloading equipment and I'll start loading some rounds and start eliminating as many variables as I can. I defiantly can't wait for round 4 and see how the new scope runs!

The "exclusive" range 50-200 yards.
range.JPG

The best 5 shot groups of the day:
g3-1.JPG

g3-2.JPG

g3-3.JPG

Any input on what I can do better is greatly appreciated!