• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

newb. trying to learn.

o1sick7

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2009
utah
hey everyone. i am new to the scene. and am trying to learn more about reloading to get the most of my rifle. i was wondering if there were any members in the utah area that would be willing to show me the generals of reloading. thanks for reading.

Re: newb. trying to learn.

My general canned response to newbies...

Welcome to the Hide. Come on in and join the many and varied conversations.

If you know something about a given thread post your experience. If not, you're welcome to sit back and absorb what you wish.

Most of us older folk really appreciate it if you fill out your profile if you haven’t already.

Once again, nice to have you here.

Now, to answer your question on help. This is the same response I would give any new handloader. Get yourself a copy of the Lyman's Centerfire Handloading Manual. Then read all the information between the load specific data. There will be plenty of time to look up loads after you have learned the safe way to do some of the basic chores. Then read the safety part again. It has more useful information than any 3 other books put out by powder & bullet companies. They aren't trying to sell you either of those.

If all else fails after you have read that, PM me.

You really need to follow Victor N TN's advice. I would like to add when you finally get all set up to load ammo, don't start with the max load given in the manual you are using. Just because it's printed there doesn't mean its safe in your firearm. Welcome and good luck!

i just shot my first load a few days ago and was really happy with the results im not in that area so i cant be of assistance other than i learned a lot by just reading stuff on here then i bought a press read the directions got a load of hodgdon.com subtracted a few gn from what they recommended and worked my way up. well gl its deff worth it to learn!