• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newbee being a ex/pat Alaskan living in Anacortes

burrdog

send lawyers guns and money / Warren Zevon
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2021
anacortes wash
Love the site!
Info gleaned from discussions/articles and reviews posted are priceless when cost and experience of the users is considered.
My quest is a transition from Big Game Killing classic arms of my Alaska guiding days to small bore, as per Alaska standard where I come from, that being the 243/6mm.
I am enamored with the innovations offered in todays selection of chassis. The new bullets with high BC with capability of unheard of spin rates / velocity, combine this with futuristic optics, and the talents of skilled CAD/CNC operator, it all makes for an exciting time to be involved.
Having never owned a Remington as there are no "push-feeds" in my killing stock, the personal choice to stick with CR-feed of Pre-64's and Mausers has placed me in new territory with all the 700 clones.
I have an expensive appreciation for beautiful and functional tools and machines and it is apparent this LR shooting, Prc endeavor will follow suite.
My current project involves a beautifully made Badger M2008 that I just dropped off at Benchmark for barrel work, stock and glass choices will follow.
Thanks to all the contributors to this great site, you make it the best!
Bruce Berg
Anacortes, Washington USA