• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newbie from CA

Chris831

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2024
Salinas ca
Hi everyone,
Thinking about going down the rabbit hole of long range precision which I have no former knowledge of. Been learning a lot reading up on topics brought up here. Hope to be on the range soon!

Well, while we are at it, sounding off from the Redwood city and Paso areas

Reactions: Chris831
There are a good number of us. There's still one truly gifted rifle maker nearby and lots of open space if you are willing to drive a bit. Have fun

crying about not being able to shoot at Tumey Hills for the past couple of years…

There are a good number of us. There's still one truly gifted rifle maker nearby and lots of open space if you are willing to drive a bit. Have fun
Really? As for rifle experience, unfortunately the only experience I have is ARs considered everything is pretty much bolt on. I do want to build a M40 from the CMP sniper matches that just got added but very hesitant to do the modifications myself or just send it out. I don’t mind putting the time & effort into is as long as it comes out right. Who is the gun maker you are talking about? As for the open space; are you talking about Panoche/Tumey Hills?

crying about not being able to shoot at Tumey Hills for the past couple of years…
Yea, I haven’t been down these this yr either. It’s about 2 hr to the spot I shoot at. Unfortunately a lot of my friends don’t want to go due to waking up so early/dragging all our gear/driving back & forth, etc. pretty much lazy ass friends....but I can’t blame them as I sometimes feel the same way but I drag my ass out there anyways

Early 2022 I showed up at the western gate to find a river flowing through the main path. Two wet winters have done quite a bit to that spot.