• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newbie from NY

dbcooper07

Stuck in NY
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2021
new york
I've been shooting for a long time but, I just started to get in to long rang shooting. Live in Central NY (think 150 north miles out side the city). I jut found this site and I'm super excited to learn! I don't know anyone in my area who really shoots over 100 yards. So I'm just throwing myself out there. I just put this rifle together. I only have access to a 300 yard range. There is really ZERO options in NY unless you own a farm to shoot over 300 yards, and no one really hunts over 100. To many damn trees! I've been working on technique and style with my $1500 build, before I really jump in to spending. So here is my "Newbie" build.

Savage Axis II precision 308
Vortex Diamondback 6x24 FFP
UTG Recon flex M-lok
Precision Armament knock off break

Attachments

• IMG_2800.JPG
    IMG_2800.JPG
    429.5 KB · Views: 41
Welcome to the hide. Post if you find yourself in a less shitty state. One of us might be able to take you out well past 300y.

Welcome from Western New York! If you ever get out near Batavia (past Rochester on the 90) look up Pheasants on the Flats. They go out to 700. Its about the only place you will find between Lake Erie and downstate that isnt private. Its really resonable and he has lots of steel. Its by appointment only and is usually fairly busy so call well ahaead. Good luck and enjoy the fun.

Reactions: dbcooper07
It's a beautiful place to live geographically for sure but its certainly not gun, business, conservative freindly. If i didnt have 25 years in with a great company and all my family here we would be much farther south.