• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newbie from PA Starting to Stretch his Legs!

Candyman87

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
PRNJ
Hi all-

Newbie here from northeastern Pennsylvania. To date, I've done almost all of my shooting 100 yards and in, primarily because that's what my range has. Just found out a 300 yard range is opening this summer (yay!) and there's a 1,000 yard range about two hours from here. So, I think it's time to make the plunge.

Not new to shooting, but shoot primarily pistols these days but branch out into long guns with my M1 Garand that I built at the CMP Custom Shop in the occasional CMP match.

Just finished placing orders for a Savage 10BA Stealth in .308, a Vortex PST (Gen1) 6-24x50 FFP, and will be suppressing it with my existing SilencerCo Chimera 300.

I'm a reloader, and data dork (and oddly way too excited about collecting and analyzing more new data), so long range was the next logical step. Really looking forward to getting my rig setup, broken in, and start stretching my legs out this summer!

Looking forward to learning a bunch from you all!

-Tim

Reactions: Zorrosdens