• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

newbie here, not sure where to post an Intro...

rukwikenuf

Private
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
hey all, my name's Erik. i'm a Marine currently stationed with the First CivDiv at Camp Couch in Suburban Minneapolis, MN.
those of you in the Twin Cities Metro area are probably familiar with my place of employment, i'm the RO at Bill's South in Robbinsdale. i'm the weekend guy. stop in and say 'hi'.

i'm more of a handgun guy, admittedly, but i've got a love for long guns that i can't hold back. i just finished piecing together my first AR build, nothing special, but it's mine.

i'm a whitetail-chaser, usually found wandering around aimlessly with a Ruger M77 in my arms, hoping for that shot of Bambi's dad, but i usually find his momma instead. i'm kicking around a few ideas about some long-range shooting, and i think that means i'll have to either accurize my woods gun rendering it too heavy to tromp to the stand with, OR build a new long gun! not sure if i can afford to build one, but if i decide to, it'd probably be refining a Rem700 in 300 WinMag.
the reasons for this are actually two-fold. one, i want to punch some paper at 1k and two, i have been entertaining the idea of visiting an old Sgt of mine in Alaska and trying to get him to take me out for some Moose hunting in East Jesus Nowhere!

well, that's all i've got for now, folks. i'll try to use the search function as much as possible, but take it easy on a newb like myself

Re: newbie here, not sure where to post an Intro...

Hi, welcome to the Hide. Great spot here to learn about all types of long range precision shooting. The search function will lead you to any aspect of this hobby you're looking to learn more about.

Frustrating at times and rewarding at others but you get out of it what you put into it.

Topstrap

Re: newbie here, not sure where to post an Intro...

Welcome!

Read some of the threads in the bolt action rifle and gun smithing forums and you may get some ideas you hadn't thought of.

You may also find a good deal on a used rifle that may get you where you want to be even sooner.

Good luck