• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Newbie question here: battle belt vs chest rig LBE

nikdanja

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2014
Warrenton Virginia
Looking for a SHTF rig.

Really looking for something that I can quickly throw on. I was looking at battle belts but the whole system looks cumbersome. Not liking the idea of putting a inner belt on THEN a outer belt. Just seems to time consuming but maybe I’m wrong. I have zero “tactical” training.

Wanting to carry a pistol with 1-2 mags and 1-2 mags for 223 rifle.

Last edited:
What's your application? Are you at home? Vehicle-borne? Maybe on foot?
Do you need sustainment gear? Are you carrying a backpack?
Do you have/want body armor?

I have an inner/outer style belt like you're talking and I just don't use it. But, if what you want it to just carry a pistol holster and a few mags, it's actually the way to go.

If you want to carry sustainment gear, consider a real belt kit like the Velocity Systems Jungle Rig. I see no point in wearing a belt kit with only a handgun and a few magazines on it for any application I might have. If I'm wearing a belt kit I want to carry some actual gear on the thing.

Or consider a full featured chest rig like the Platatac Peacekeeper.

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
Will your chest rig fit or interfere with your body armor? Maybe combine your body armor w/ mag pouches.

I have a chest rig and an inner/outer gun belt I use for run and gun comps. The inner belt isn’t required, though it does help to keep the belt from riding up. The last comp was in the 40s and I was wearing a jacket that would interfere with my pistol holster. I just wrapped the gun belt around my jacket. It was tight enough not to move, but not so tight that it restricted my movement. The chest rig takes longer for me to put on than the belt. But, if the couple of minutes it might take to put on your gear is the difference between life and death, consider EDCing your SHTF gear.