• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes newcon 2000 yard LRF

goober

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Auckland , New Zealand
I am after a laser range finder that can hit the 1k mark without a problem-Swaro looks to be best for he average man followed by Lieca at 1/2 the price .I have found this Newcon unit and no nothing of them and see little written about them --they look great and read upto 2000 yards and are less than a Swarovski --can anyone fill me in on this brand ??

http://www.nightvisionplanet.com/Newcon_...lrm-2000pro.htm

Re: newcon 2000 yard LRF

52 views and not one opinion?? Strangely enough a friend of mine in New Zealand commented that the newcon 1500 was crap and like so many of the other range finders promises large yardage only to deliver something way less than the real deal.You would think one advetised to deal with 2k must be able to reliably deliver 1k easily --are those Canadians a boot making good stuff?? Please dont let me answer my own questions !!!

i tried looking into LRFs a while back and from what I came up with was exactly what you stated above. That the Swaro was number one followed by the Leica. From what I gathered the Newcon glass was not as clear and the readings were unreliable.

I've heard too many complaints about Newcon to place an order on their specs alone. I've never used them so take it for what its worth but I've been hard pressed to find a positive unbiased review.

Don't believe everything you read. That's got to be the smallest 2000 yards LASER range finder I know. Remember, when you get to 1500+ yards, you are now entering the Vector type of range finder. That is if you want a reliable reading. (Of course, you can always carry around a Theolite.) Those Vector range finders are NOT small. Also, at 2000 yards, you are going to need a bit more maginification and objective diameter to even see your target.

In the end, it's your money. If I want a 2000 yard LRF, I would seriously cough up some bucks and look for a military vector LRF. BTW, I have a Swaro and I am happy with it.

Thanks guys for reinforcing what I thought already - Swarovski all the way .Its not that Lieca are bad but from what I read they dont measure up to the claimed distances unless all is perfect for their lasers ability and they are really small to hold - id rather have something a little bigger.Is their any new LRF Tecnology hitting town soon from anyone for the average long distance shooter that compares to Swaro??Ziess Victories ??What are they like .Its kinda crazy reading some of these big claims like Newcon 2000 if its its load of horse turd.Hey its what the forum is about -gathering good intel!!by the way for us here in New Zealand Swarovskis are now $2300 -ooch that hurts!!!