• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Newcon LRB 3000 PRO

95LTZ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2003
Ft. Pierce, Fl
I have had a Newcon LRB 3000 PRO laser range finder for awhile. It has worked very well for me. Previous to Sat. the farthest that I had ranged anything was 1899 yards. While shooting on a powerline with some other "Hiders", they were down checking/pasting/repairing targets & way off in the distance I see something moving & was told that it was a train. I decided to see if it would range it that far. Yup, the train was 3,492 yards away. There is a large band of crushed rock beside the tracks but once the train moved by it would not pick up the crushed rocks. Yes, a train is a huge target but I was happy that it picked it up. To double check I used the Google Earth "ruler" feature & went from the tracks back to where we were shooting from. I knew from the roads were the other targets were & the yardages matched, so I'll call it confirmed.
Semper Fi

Re: Newcon LRB 3000 PRO

How much did that sucker cost?

Wanna trade for my Bushnell 1500?

Ha
laugh.gif

Thats very impressive!

You can get one for $1700 shipped online. They claim a 3KM range on that model I think.

A little bigger than a normal 10x50 binoculars, but almost twice the weight.....the buzz when ranging is almost scary!!! I have a pair on my wish list but that $1700 is another rifle!!!! But when you consider the pain of carrying two items opposed to just one they are very appealing.

Some people can swing it. I could too, but dont see the point, I dont shoot further than 1K and my Bushy 1500 does the job for me. But if I ever had the need for a high end rangefinder, the LRB 3K would be at the top of my list.

I have a Leica that does pretty well for me. Sometimes I have trouble ranging smaller targets but man sized out to 1000 is fine.