• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newest Little Addition

Cigarcop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2009
Pottstown, Pa
My new 18".308 actually built by two Smiths, Carl Bernoski trued the action and chambered it and Kampfeld added his touches and it came out beautifully.

I used a Remmy 700 action that was a friend of mine in the PD who passed away, so I wanted to use it for obvious reasons & I think Nick would approve!

Rock 5R 11.25 twist MTU, Sako extractor, side bolt release, custom knob, Bolt and Barrel 360 dgr Spiral Fluted, Badger Base & Rings, threaded 5/8x24 with cap, Jewell trigger, topped with a Mark4 8.5x25, and a new coat of Cerakote.

Target at 500Yrds before being sent to Kampfelds
DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

short308.jpg

Re: Newest Little Addition

What a sweet handy little package that is. Few questions for ya, What is the weight and overall length of the rifle, and also what are you getting for velocity with those 175smk's in that length of barrel. Nice stick, definetly one to be proud of.

I am also curious about the velocity on that 18" barrel also.

Awesome looking stick and not to mention that it can shoot too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bebberson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a sweet handy little package that is. Few questions for ya, What is the weight and overall length of the rifle, and also what are you getting for velocity with those 175smk's in that length of barrel. Nice stick, definetly one to be proud of. </div></div>

I broke the barrel in with one box of FGM168's then I made 20 rds with the 44.5 Varget, .010 off to try and I think it was a winner.

I guessed at the velocity and used JBM at 2600FPS with that load and I was really close out to 500 (took 12MOA) and it looks like it is a little faster, not much but a bit.
Not sure about the weight, 37" the way it sits.

Oooooohhh sir. You are not stating that someone besides ER Shaw spiral fluted that barrel. Are you.....lmao.

After having a .308 built off of my late brother-in-laws Rem. 700 that he was carrying when killed, I can relate to the sentimentality of your build. That is one beautiful rifle. One which I'm sure your Buddy would be proud. Congratulations!!!

sweet. never really liked those stocks, but thats a sweet looking rifle. it all comes together well

the short barrel and the flutes are bad ass! always wanted a rifle like that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice way to honor your friend.

Jack </div></div>

Hey Jack, I also put the Mcmillan A-5 I got from you to good use, I'll send you a pic!

I have to admit that is a fine rifle. I really like the fluting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am also curious about the velocity on that 18" barrel also.

Awesome looking stick and not to mention that it can shoot too. </div></div>

who cares what the velocity is with groups like that at 500......

I'm usually not a big fan of the spiral fluting, but on that short barrel it looks really good.