• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newest members of the 1000 yard club!! (Pictures)

Skyking

Skyking
Minuteman
Let's see your pictures of the newest members of the 1000+ yard club. Some of these guys have shot before. Others it was there first time out.
Please put some info of the the gun and distance.

This is my uncle the day before our Elk Hunt. He got his elk at 998 yards this last fall. He never thought he would be able to shot that far. It was his dream. He passed away in Feb after complications on a shoulder surgery. He will always hold the best record for three shot group at a 1010 yards. Love You!

1010 Yards Savage 7mm Rem Mag 168 Berger's
IMG_20101101_100535.jpg

My dad's first time at the 1010 yard mark. Hitting the 12 inch disk.

My GAP 7wsm 180 Berger's
M1370006.jpg

My cousin's three shot group 1010 yards. 12" Disk

My GAP 7wsm 180 Berger's
M1370005.jpg

A friend's first time out. 1010 Yards He even center punched the black dot.

My GAP 7wsm 180 Berger's
M1360003-1.jpg

The rest of the guys that joined the 1000 yard club.

Gap 7wsm 180 Berger's
Precision Shooting sports 7wsm 180 Berger's
M1370002.jpg

Re: Newest members of the 1000 yard club!! (Pictures)

really nice shooting

Thanks for sharing. I hope to join that 1,000 yard club very soon.

As everyone said great pics. I honestly wish i could share my 1000yd pics but i haven't gotten there yet. I've shot out to 500 with a 22-250, only taken my .308 out to 300 accurately. Got about 3 more weeks of things to get including steel targets and going to try it. Just out of curiosity i'm assuming you make your own targets?

you are doing an amazing job of spreading the sickness!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As everyone said great pics. I honestly wish i could share my 1000yd pics but i haven't gotten there yet. I've shot out to 500 with a 22-250, only taken my .308 out to 300 accurately. Got about 3 more weeks of things to get including steel targets and going to try it. Just out of curiosity i'm assuming you make your own targets?</div></div>

Hey you will get there. Just had a friend in town with his .308. We went out to the 1000 yard spot, and he was able to get some hits on the plate. He was even shooting 1976 year old military ammo, in a 18 inch barrel. We got some pretty good video of it.

Yes that is my own design on the target. 3/8 AR500. I works sweet! I have never really found any good long range targets. So you have to make your own. Its a big one so that the new guys can still get hit. The trick is to paint your target black first, then paint white over it. Really makes the hits show up. After a few month of shooting I normally sand all the paint off and redo it all. It's that time again.

Good to hear because i started to wonder how i would replenish the targets so to speak after i had shot it. No idea why i didn't think of emery cloth or sand paper.

Nice pics!

I'm heading out to the Ca desert this weekend to try and join the club myself!

Gotta be cool to get the family out like that shooting. Good memories and good times. Must have been an incredible day. Nice shooting as well!

Fun....
Yep, they'll all be addicted now!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fun....
Yep, they'll all be addicted now! </div></div>

Arent we all? First it was the 1k, then the 1500, then the 1 mile, and then 2000 and beyond. We are just a bunch of addicts. LOL. Good shooting BTW.

My club is having a 1,000 yard match this weekend. It starts at 9:00 PM ! I am hoping to make it so my 1,000 yard club entry might be the first one done on the dark side......... I will have to see it to believe it, but they have had it at night before and were surprised how well they shot. I will update you after the match.

Here is the video to go with the pictures.

Now lets see yours!!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nmdcMFAKX0s&feature=channel_video_title"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nmdcMFAKX0s&feature=channel_video_title" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

In HD, thats probably one of the best vids I've see so far, for Vapor trails!!!

Nice vid, nicer shooting!

That is awesome. The intro on the video and music is great. I just went shooting yesterday and made my first hits on the 1000 yard plate with my 308win. 31 MOA of elevation. It was a great feeling. Would have loved if it was video'd.

Skyking, you're a great shot, a camera man, plus a pilot...you're living the dream!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the video to go with the pictures.

Now lets see yours!!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nmdcMFAKX0s&feature=channel_video_title"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nmdcMFAKX0s&feature=channel_video_title" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Thanks for the video enjoyed it, great shooting lads and alot of fun.

agreed! excellent video!

talk about landing hot & taking the hi-speed exit! lol I want that bird

Dad's a southpaw - most excellent! at least he's in his right mind too.
wink.gif

I remember my 1st 1K hit - LaRue OBR, S&B w/ H-37 reticle. Oh, I was all kinds of giddy...can't stop doing it now. Now I wanna play w/ some loads & get the .308 out to about 14-1500.

Glad y'all had fun!

Thanks guys! Glad you are liking it. It is very addicting shooting at those distances. Yes, living the dream!

Well here is the latest member of the club. My buddy from Idaho Falls as down on Friday to pick up his new 7wsm. George from Precision Shooting Sports built it for him. I did all the load development for him, and to turn out to be a shooter. The farthest he had shoot before that was 375 yards. So when he hit the plate at 1012, he could not believe it. He said it was like the first time he kissed a girl, or got his first kill. He is addicted!!!

Brian1000yards.jpg

The 7wsm Berger 180 did it again. 435 yards. True believer.
bhaynie.png

My savage 10FCP with a 28" criterian barrel shoots:
140gr Amax
43.4gr 4350
Rem brass
fed 210 primers
.010 off the lands
Avg vel 2890
260complete3b.jpg

This is my 1st 1000 yard group ever.
1000ydG_1.jpg

And the next day before we packed up (ran out of ammo)I fired my last three rounds to get the following group.
1000ydG_4.jpg

Ok so this is a great thread!! Ive watched all your vids on youtube about 20x while on the stairmaster at the gym! great great stuff and plz keep them coming!

So the first 3 pics are shot with my custom 6.5x47 lapua.
Rem 700 left hand
tac ops bolt
Lawton 29" 8 twist
fat bastard break
Mcmillan A3 with sniper fill
CDI bottom metal and AI 10 rd mags
Huber Concepts 2 stage trigger
Premier Ret Heritage 5-25
130 JLK's at 2960 fps
group.jpg

photo4.jpg

My personal Best 1000 yard group ever...I should have quit after I shot this one :-/
1000yardsendall.jpg

And here is a 1300 yard group i shot with my brand new 338 norma!!! yep it is a dandy rifle and I love this caliber!
1300yards.jpg

Chase

Nice grps Chase. Ready to go when you are.
wink.gif

That is an awesome video. Well thought out and put together. KUDOS! Love the segments with the vapor trails.

SkyKing,
AWESOME shooting!!! Sorry to hear about your Uncle, The 50 cal would kill me, but I have to learn more about the GAP 7wsm??? Unless I wasn't seeing everything the recoil didn't look that bad?? The reason I built a AR in 243WSSM was to try and shoot long range with less recoil.
Thanks for sharing the video's!
Gretg

Are those chukar I hear going off in the background during the last .50?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are those chukar I hear going off in the background during the last .50?</div></div>

Yep! You know your birds. There are a few of them out there every time we shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAG55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SkyKing,
Unless I wasn't seeing everything the recoil didn't look that bad?? The reason I built a AR in 243WSSM was to try and shoot long range with less recoil.
Gretg</div></div>

Yes the 7wsm hardly has any kick to it at all. I run muzzle breaks on all my gun just for that reason. Really makes it nice to shoot all day.

We didn't know there was a club. We have about 35 guys at TVP that would like to join
wink.gif
. Now we need to have the mile club. I keep dancing around getting that done and one day will get my white whale dang it.

Nice shooting, most people would never dream of hitting at 600 yards let alone 1k. It is definately an accomplishment and you guys should be proud.

Good luck,
Merritt

700P-.308 at 1000 Yds. 10 rounds-- Hits: 4 singles, 1 double, 1 triple, 1 sneezed into the dirt.
I'm lucky to have my own range.

0807111654a.jpg

DSCF1162.jpg

Well took the boss out the other day. He finally got his gun from Precision Shooting Sports. The 2009 Snipershide build guys. What a pain. I built a load for his 7wsm using the 180 Berger's. This was his first time out with the gun and shooting long range. 1015 yards to be precise. I had not got any dope on the gun yet. Just load development at 100 yards. He had no clue about how to use the weather station and bullet software. After a lesson we put in the MV going off other 7wsm that I had done. The upper left was the first shoot that day. Had him come down a half a MOA, and tweaked the MV in the program to match up with what he had dialed. The next three shoots are the ones to the right of the target. So we felt like we had the right MV. Then he tried shooting without his glasses on the bottom right one. He was one happy camper. He and the gun left the next day for an Alaska sheep and moose hunt. No word yet how they are doing.

2011-08-29093020.jpg

Well my boss just got back from Alaska... O yes!! He loved the gun!!! The 7WSM did it's job. He took the sheep at 501 yards one shot dead. The bear 425 yards one shot. Love those Berger's.

KNELLESheep.jpg

KNELLE.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are those chukar I hear going off in the background during the last .50?</div></div>

Yep! You know your birds. There are a few of them out there every time we shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAG55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SkyKing,
Unless I wasn't seeing everything the recoil didn't look that bad?? The reason I built a AR in 243WSSM was to try and shoot long range with less recoil.
Gretg</div></div>

Yes the 7wsm hardly has any kick to it at all. I run muzzle breaks on all my gun just for that reason. Really makes it nice to shoot all day. </div></div>

You know...the first time you hunt chukar it's for fun....after that it's REVENGE!
wink.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

And, BTW, you know you're scoring some big time points at work when you get your boss to shoot 3"-4" groups @ 1000 yds. the first time out! Great job! Hope he comes back from Alaska as happy as he went up there.

Awesome shooting guys. Great video. When can we see more?

Nice shooting, Wait until you join the 2000yd club! We are currently trying for the 3000yd club. Keep up the good shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shooting, Wait until you join the 2000yd club! </div></div>

Thanks man! I am already there.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5G13N3Yd3w&feature=channel_video_title"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5G13N3Yd3w&feature=channel_video_title" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thats some mighty fine shooting with your 7WSM at 2000

Heck of a shot! I don't care what your shooting 2000 yards is a long way!

Dang killer^

Your out of my league at 2 grand! Haha I've only made it to 1200 with my .308 and once at 1500 with the .338 lapua. Congrats man and nice shooting!

Where in alaska was that hunt? My father lives in alaska and he and I hunt there every year!

Awesome shooting! Furthest ive gotten so far was about 375-400 yards. Im really wanting to get my .308 put together. My goal is to atleast get to 750-800 yards soon and hopefully join the 1000 yard club.

These videos just makes me want it even more! Keep the pictures and videos coming!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fish2keel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where in alaska was that hunt? My father lives in alaska and he and I hunt there every year!

Awesome shooting! Furthest ive gotten so far was about 375-400 yards. Im really wanting to get my .308 put together. My goal is to atleast get to 750-800 yards soon and hopefully join the 1000 yard club.

These videos just makes me want it even more! Keep the pictures and videos coming!</div></div>

Thanks!

Making the 1000 yard mark, or any long range shoot is very addicting. Post your pictures when you get them.

They where just outside of Anchorage. They used a guide called Coke Wallace, Midnight Sun Safaris.

my last trip to TVP, i was pounding the 1k... next summer ill get some vid of the bullet trace...

I know right where that is.

Ive been shooting lately on the adjacent side of the lake. Nothing to 2K though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chuff Ness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know right where that is.

Ive been shooting lately on the adjacent side of the lake. Nothing to 2K though. </div></div>
Don't be giving the secret spot away. We will have everyone up there leaving trash. Then no one can shoot there anymore.

The latest bunch for the 1020 yard club. My cousin and his boys giving the steel a workout before the elk hunt. The two boys keep saying the is way better then Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
Jeff.jpg