• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newest Rifle Project Complete

mbpike

Private
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2011
Greenbrier Arkansas
I got the itch to build a more precision based AR15 so I started researching and came up with a build sheet that I was able to follow pretty close. It's not 100% complete yet since I'm saving my pennies for Vortex 4-16 or something close to that. Here are the specs and pictures:

Upper:
Palmetto State Blem Stripped Upper
F/A Dust cover from Bravo Company
BCM Gun Fighter Large Latch
PSA M16 BCG (would love to replace with a NiB if I can find one at a decent price)
18" White Oak Armament Barrel...1:8 Twist...Rifle Gas
DD Low Pro Gas Block
Gas Tube from Bravo Company
Geissele MK1 15" SMR
AAC 51T muzzle brake
ADM Recon Mount 30mm
Primary Arms 4-14 FFP Scope (really want to upgrade this soon. It does a good job but I like nice things)
ADM Harris BiPod QD
Harris 9-13 notched legs bipod
And soon to be a set of Magpul MBUS on it from another rifle.

Lower:
Palmetto State $49 lower (last one I have left :( )
PSA MOE LPK Minus FCG (comes with Magpul grip and trigger guard)
Geissele High Speed National Match Trigger
Rifle Buffer Tube & Rifle Buffer
Magpul PRS stock
Accu - Shot monopod
Seekins Extended Mag Release (SHOT SHOW 2013 Give Away)
RRA Ambi Selector

Really the only things I'd like to add / change are upgrading my scope to a Vortex FFP in either 4-16 or 5-20, an offset red dot of some sort, adjustable gasblock, and I'd like to add a Norgon mag release. I've also thought of a new shorter bipod for bench shooting but I usually just use bags when I'm bench shooting. I also need suppressor cover for an AAC M4-2K but I don't think anyone makes one for a 5.56/.223 if I'm wrong please shoot me in the correct direction.

Pics:

Range Report:
Let me first start by saying that I've very new to shooting scoped rifles of this nature. Even though my main AR has a 1-4 this is much different then what I'm used to. When I shot this group I had been shooting for about 2 hours at that point, had (hot) suppressor on, and was slightly tired. All the excuses in the book lol. I can't wait to get back to the range when I'm well rested and fresh on the trigger. This group is 5 rounds @ 100 yards using Remington Premier Match 69 grain MatchKing BTHP. This ammo did amazing compared the Nosler Custom Competition 77 grain that I picked up from my LGS. I know I need to start reloading but honestly have no space or time to deal with learning how to right now. So until my man cave / shop are built I'm going to have to deal with factory ammo. Any factory ammo suggestions would be great. I'm willing to try all different types. The highest shot was #4 and the lowest shot was #5.

Last edited:
Nice rig and nice shooting! For factory ammo, FGMM is good stuff, Southwest Ammo has some 5.56 in stock right now, and Copper Creek seems to have a good reputation when they have it in stock (I've never used CC, though, so that's 2nd hand).

ETA - How do you like the Accu-shot monopod, and what height did you get? I've been toying with the idea of getting one, wanted to know what your thoughts were on that rig?

I've seen the TAB covers but have always been a little worried since 5.56 cans get so much hotter.

I think I'll go ahead and get one to try it out. This gun more then likely will never see any prolonged shooting and heat. Usually 5 to 10 shots in a row before I put the rifle to the side and shoot something else so it can cool down.

Very nice build! Experimenting with loads, you'll be able to dial it in even better. Looks like you used top notch components, any idea what it ended up weighing in at? I wish I could find more factory match offerings at my local stores...