• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newly Completed .358 Hoosier (IN Specific Wildcat)

ssnfa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Last year Indiana changed the deer hunting rifle laws to include rounds that have bullets no smaller then .35 caliber and are no shorter in case length than 1.8". The most popular wildcat to come out of this changed seemed to be the .358 Hoosier which is a .358 Winchester cut down to 1.8" (or 1.675" to 1.7" to take into consideration stretching). Here is my newly finished .358 Hoosier custom rifle. Now to test fire, find a load she likes to eat and set back and wait on deer season!!!

Specs:

Action: Remington 700 Factory Stock (Started Life As A Rem 700 SPS in .22-250)
Barrel: Shillen Stainless
Custom Build Work: AJ Brown Arms, Co.
Trigger: Timney 510 set at 2.5 pounds
Stock: McMillan HTG w/ Texture, Pillar Bedding & Factory Sling/Bipod Mounts in GAP camo.
Bases: Leupold
Rings: Leupold
Scope: Ziess Conquest 3-9x40
Bipod: Harris
Trigger Guard & Screws: Brownells Steel BDM
Internal Box Mag, Spring & Follower: Remington Factory Stock
Bolt: Remington Factory Stock

DSC_5625.jpg

DSC_5626.jpg

DSC_5627.jpg

Re: Newly Completed .358 Hoosier (IN Specific Wildcat)

Looks nice. How are you liking the HTG?

Are you aware they spelled Hoosier wrong?

Yes, I am aware that Alan spelled Hoosier wrong but it was already together when I noticed it. I plan to get it threaded after deer season, at that time I will get this lettering scrubbed and get it engraved correctly.

I really like the HTG's feel. I went with sniper fill which so far I like to heaviness and rugged feeling of also.

Very cool! I'd say load up some Hornady 200 grain interlocked SP over TAC or Benchmark and kill a few deer!

I have a 358 Indiana Deer Cartridge (358 WSSM) and it shoots the 200 grain Hornady around 2,550 to 2,600 fps. Good round!