• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newly Installed Hardware

ZiaHunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2012
    Southern NM
    Took a spill on a training ride a few weeks back and wound up with a intertrochanteric fracture of the femur which required surgery. Was amazed when I finally saw the x-ray of the hardware the ortho installed to fix the break. Rehab going well and already riding the trainer and light lifting. Should be fun going through airport security from now on.

Hardware.jpg

Well you will be buzzing the airport metal detectors. Thing looks alien!!

Hope you heal good as new with your new I guess titanium part.

Hope you get back to your previous performance levels, I'm 64 here and that would be the end of road biking for me.

You would be surprised how many guys 65 and up who are active are back at it pretty fast when they get something like this. I know many guys who werr back at it within months. Some 75-80!

You think it looks crazy on film, you should see them do the procedure!
    I recently got a tour of the Zimmer Ortho product bus. The stuff they have is pretty awesome to see and handle.

Heal quick and get riding! Good time to catch up on reloading.....?

Reactions: Tinker054559
    Thanks for the good words. Still have the Merlin and hope to be back on it in September and intent is to come back as strong or stronger. Third week of out patient PT and almost off the cane. Back on the trainer and and no pain whatsoever. Got the ok to start hitting the weights again and will work on getting the quads, hams and gluts back to form. Iron Horse registration in December and plan on riding for the 9th time in may at 64.