• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

News and information

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2011
N.Ms
What is ,or are yourbest favorite news sources web sites.
Besides drudge ,foxnews etc....

When I have time and can get to a computer
I really like full-spectrum-dominance.com

Military times
Military.com

My little phonewill not handle fullspectrum..
Any way.
Thx

^^^^ Please tell me you are not a parent and do not vote. There is no excuse to be ignorant in the digital era. Period.

Every facet, every department of your mind is to be programmed by you, and unless you assume your rightful responsibility and begin to program your own mind the world will program it for you - Jack Kornfield

Things I read on a daily basis:

Local Paper
Zerohedge
Drudge
Kitco
Reuters
Western Rifle Shooters

Things I check in with on at least a bi-weekly basis:

Armstrong Economics
ShadowStats
American Thinker
Al Jeezra
Huff Po
Democratic Underground
Russia Today
Stratfor
Foreign Policy
Bloomberg
Yahoo
Some of the associated blogs of WRS

ETA - I augment reading non fiction that is both relevant and critical. Next on the list will be Michael Lewis' new book Flash Boys - Computer and Algo driven trading on Wall Street and why the entire econ is rigged. If you have been a reader of ZeroHedge for the past several years - you know this has been a focal point of Tyler's - along with the daily ramping, the daily smack down of metals, as well as a host of other abuses.

Last edited:
I've been trying to figure out who owns/operates zero hedge for awhile. If anybody can shed some insight it would be much appreciated.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.
Mark Twain

That about sums it up!

What I do is I watch what ever is on at the Time local, national, world. Does not realy matter what the source they are 90% of the time giving you a one sided story with a lot of missing facts and info. FOX has actually been banned from some country's because it has been cought flat out lying on the air with full knowlage that they were doing so.

So I pick headlines that are interesting or that hold any thing important to me and I research them through several sources and try to put together the best conclusion based on ALLthe facts available. NOT! Just what the media wants you to know or here.

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.
Mark Twain

That about sums it up!

What I do is I watch what ever is on at the Time local, national, world. Does not realy matter what the source they are 90% of the time giving you a one sided story with a lot of missing facts and info.

The Twain quote is apropos if you get all of your info from major media outlets. There is a reason 90% of the time giving you a one sided story with a lot of missing facts and info. - they are shaping your opinions, values, and purchasing choices for you.

In 2011 six (6) corporations owned 90% of the media.

Media ownership

Thx ever one.
I do read quite a bit.
Yrs past.
It was aviation week and space technology
Sof magazine
and 1or3 other places.
I find it amazing at how convoluted info and news still are.
I discovered zero hedge from a shtf blog link.
Dayumm.
Again.
Thx for the info.

I've been trying to figure out who owns/operates zero hedge for awhile. If anybody can shed some insight it would be much appreciated.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I looked at this before as well. I never did figure it out.

Let's only focus on the negative Zero Hedge - RationalWiki
"Zero Hedge[1] is a batshit insane Austrian economics-based finance blog...."

In an era where people are paid to troll the web specifically to discredit those that are telling something closer to the truth...

I find it is far less important who owns the site vs the veracity of the stories posted. @ 1/2 of it is editorial links with the other 1/2 linked news stories from a basket of sources. If I read something that I think is pretty far out there, I vet it against multiple sources listed above. The overwhelming majority of the time - it checks out.

As for the linked bash - it states the ZH paints Goldman Sachs as the root of all evil. Here is an example of where ZH is a better source on some things - Armstrong Economics is much more middle of the road. They ran a story recently about HFT and how the market has always been rigged in one form or another for the big houses, and that 'even GS' was calling for reform in HFT. What they didn't report is that GS sold their business unit - so Of course they are in favor of regulating the other houses. Overnight "Rigged" Market Summary | Zero Hedge

The only way to deem info as reliable is to obtain it from many different and unrelated sources. On that note, even with the BBC - news from outside the US often has a very different spin than what we get here.

Last edited:
I find that Home | Mail Online has a pretty good selection of stories from the USA (assuming you choose the USA side not the UK side) that the local domestic news misses, sometimes to get the truth you have to hear it from a foreigner. They also have a good mobile friendly site.

Registrant:
ABC Media Ltd
Office 3, bl. 51, Jerusalem Str., j.k. "Mladost 1"
Sofia, Sofia 1000
BG

Domain name: ZEROHEDGE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Georgiev, Georgi [email protected]
Sofia, Sofia 1000
BG
+359 2 9743974
Technical Contact:
Georgiev, Georgi [email protected]
Sofia, Sofia 1000
BG
+359 2 9743974

Registrar of Record: easyDNS Technologies, Inc.
Record last updated on 04-Jul-2011.
Record expires on 11-Jan-2017.
Record created on 11-Jan-2009.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS2.EASYDNS.COM 72.52.2.1
NS3.EASYDNS.ORG 64.68.192.10
NS6.EASYDNS.NET 72.52.2.1
REMOTE2.EASYDNS.COM 72.52.2.1
REMOTE1.EASYDNS.COM 64.68.192.10
NS1.EASYDNS.COM 64.68.192.10

there you go

there you go

Thanks. How were you able to get your hands on that?

I tried the DNS lookup before, but it had the third party privacy block on. I've always been curious how to get around it.

^^^^ Please tell me you are not a parent and do not vote. There is no excuse to be ignorant in the digital era. Period.

So....because I posted two satire sites I'm ignorant in the digital era and shouldn't have kids or vote?

Lighten the fuck up. Seriously.

Why, Yahoo, of course. Because they are so reliable and trustworthy.

So....because I posted two satire sites I'm ignorant in the digital era and shouldn't have kids or vote?

Lighten the fuck up. Seriously.

Sorry the the time for lightening up is luxury of a bygone era. If YOU aren't truely informed, YOU are part of the problem. Words have meaning, and we live in a time where a lot of people really do mouth that they get their 'news' from sources just like the ones you posted. Therefore, I can only assume you're one of them. If you are, in ALL seriousness - don't vote and don't have kids.

Sorry the the time for lightening up is luxury of a bygone era. If YOU aren't truely informed, YOU are part of the problem. Words have meaning, and we live in a time where a lot of people really do mouth that they get their 'news' from sources just like the ones you posted. Therefore, I can only assume you're one of them. If you are, in ALL seriousness - don't vote and don't have kids.

So I guess now's not a good time to note that my other news sources are The Daily Show and The Colbert Report?

Dayumm.
I just saw where my "post count" is back over 100.
Wonder where those uthers got off too.?
Was another 2 dozen or so?

No problem.
Never come here to sell muh stuff.

But to read and buy.

and to whoever runs the place.
Good forum
thanks

Wow, you're probably a fun guy to hang out with. Sorry, " a fun guy with which to hang out". Oops, "you are most probably a fun person with which to engage in entertaining recreational activities". I was with you until you revealed a lack of humor. A sure sign of crazy.

ETA;
The secret source of humor is not joy but sorrow; there is no humor in Heaven.
- Mark Twain

Humor is mankind's greatest blessing.
- Mark Twain

If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Daily?
NPR
BBC
Northwest Cable News

Last edited:
Sorry if it offends those not willing to take responbility for understanding that not all things are as they appear to be, for intentional reasons. As a nation we have arrived here b/c people are more interested in bread and circuses.

With respect to my sense of humor, yes I have very good one. Conversely, I fully understand the contempt those at the top have for the so considered chattel at the bottom - the info is right there if America as a whole would turn off the most effective mind programming device ever created and think for themselves.

Time is running out.

You need a to go to a basic writing and vocabulary class. People who live in glass houses should call the kettle black.
Sorry if it offends those not willing to take responbility for understanding that not all things are as they appear to be, for intentional reasons. As a nation we have arrived here b/c people are more interested in bread and circuses.

With respect to my sense of humor, yes I have very good one. Conversely, I fully understand the contempt those at the top have for the so considered chattel at the bottom - the info is right there if America as a whole would turn off the most effective mind programming device ever created and think for themselves.

Time is running out.