• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NewTAC 50 Stock- Anyone know anything ??

Re: NewTAC 50 Stock- Anyone know anything ??

The new TAC-50 stock I saw at the SHOT Show did not have an over-the-barrel bi-pod, but did have a hydraulic buffering system for the stock.

I called and spoke with Gerald at McMillan about a month ago - he said the above stock was still in the R&D phase and probably wouln't be out until the end of the year.

Where did you see or hear about the one you mentioned? It wasn't an old pic of one of Dean M's stocks - part of the deal that screwed a lot of folks on here was it?

Just heard it from some Aussie guys that talk to Mcmillan reguarly. I heard it was getting a longer forend, over the barrel bipod mount and a re jigged removeable stock. I am supposed to get a pic shortly so if allowed I'll post it.

DUH

That's the McM .50 cal seated in the Ashbury SABER-FORSST chassis system , a "little bird" told me that probably the bipod 'll be manufactured by RND .

PP out

If I recall the MSRP of the Ashbury stock was around $5K - that would push the cost of the Tac-50 in an Ashbury stock to over well over 10k. Slick stock though....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOWN UNDER HUNTE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Found it !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg21GkTtYXkund it.

</div></div>

That is a McRee. </div></div>

No, it's an Ashbury.

Also, the stock I was talking about (the hydraulic buffering) is the tan Tac-50 sotck in the cradle mount - the second Tac-50 to pop up in the video.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5ZHuTNMOO0&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5ZHuTNMOO0&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

The 2010 Shot Show was a resounding success for Ashbury! One of the highlights for Ashbury Precision Ordnance Mfg (APO) at the 2010 Shot Show was the debut of our engineering collaboration with the McMillan USA family on the ATAC™-50 Tactical Rifle. The McMillan brand is perhaps one of the best known in the firearms industry and always associated with quality, precision and innovation. We truly consider it an honor and privilege that Kelly and Ryan McMillan chose Ashbury Rapid Product Development Center to explore the next generation advancements in design for their awesome TAC-50 tactical rifle. Known for producing the industry’s most extensive line of high quality fiberglass and composite rifle stocks, McMillan wanted to evolve the TAC-50 rifle platform to meet the needs of long range shooting enthusiasts, and demanding military snipers working in complex terrain. The ATAC™-50 is based on the patents pending SABER®-FORSST® modular rifle stock chassis system design now being manufactured by APO for small to large caliber rifle platforms.

My bad - I was just looking at the hinge. Yea I saw the Ashbury there too.

Also, I was at McM in March 2009 and they told me of a new Tac-50 stock that was due out that had the following mods:

- longer forend
- higher cheekpiece movement (for NV use)

Haven't seen anything since then. With a McM repeater in hand, I was hoping for this new stock to appear. The McM repeaters are being sold and the money set aside for the HTi from DT at this point.